05-01-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
Hello everyone.

I have a question about proof of funds, do I need to have it under FSW or not in case I have a job offer from Canadian employer, but currently I'm NOT in Canada and I do NOT have a work permit.
That is what an official site says:

You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada, unless you:
  • are currently able to legally work in Canada, and
  • have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada.

I'm interested in the first item of this list. What does it mean "currently able to work in Canada"? Theoretically having job offer, after getting PR I will satisfy both requirements. But at the very moment of an application I will not be able to work in Canada because I will not have work permit at that time.

So guys, please help me to solve this question: do I need proof of funds with a job offer, being this time outside of Canada?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexfaraon said:
Hello everyone.

I have a question about proof of funds, do I need to have it under FSW or not in case I have a job offer from Canadian employer, but currently I'm NOT in Canada and I do NOT have a work permit.

You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada, unless you:

I'm interested in the first item of this list. What does it mean "currently able to work in Canada"? Theoretically having job offer, after getting PR I will satisfy both requirements. But at the very moment of an application I will not be able to work in Canada because I will not have work permit at that time.

So guys, please help me to solve this question: do I need proof of funds with a job offer, being this time outside of Canada?
In the law, and means and. That is, you must have BOTH in order to qualify. You have a job offer with an LMIA, but you are not currently able to work in Canada under an LMIA or open work permit. Therefore, you do not meet both conditions, and therefore you must offer proof of funds.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
alexfaraon said:
Hello everyone.

I am currently living in Canada, working in Canada, and have a job offer with a LMIA and was still asked to provide proof of funds. I did put in a number for the funds I planned on bring so that might have been why I was asked. It's happened to quite a few of us. So, you can try and not put down any funds and see if you are still asked to provide the PoF.
Since you aren't working in Canada, I'd be prepared to show PoF.