+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of funds while landing in Toronto - PR application

Prince5859

Jun 12, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I’ve recently filed for change in marital status after receiving my COPR. I’m expecting to receive COPR soon for myself and my wife. When I had initially applied for PR (status: single) I had to show funds only $12,669. After I updated my marital status I think I need to show more funds ($15,772). However, when I updated marital status to CIC, I’m surprised they didn’t ask me for this revised proof of funds to be uploaded in the site and they have asked other documents related to my wife (health, IMM forms, marriage certificate etc.). Is this completely okay not to worry about?

Although I have funds to show that I possess $15,772, how do I show them now? They haven’t asked me in the request letter I received to update my application. Is it okay to ignore since they didn’t ask?

During landing in Canada, only the bank statement on letter head (signed and sealed) would be sufficient to show them I have funds required as per CIC?

Or I need to provide my online/internet bank account credentials of home Bank to Visa Officer in Canada to check my online account and show them that I possess the money? Is this case possible by any means?

Is it mandatory to have the minimum balance of $15,772 for the past 6 months in my account before I land in Canada?

What if I show only $15,772 in my account only before I land and my average 6 months transactions do not show minimum of $15,772 and it’s very less? Will the Visa Officer agree for stamping of my COPR?

It is told that we need to prove that we have access to funds which we declare in the bank statement? Can someone explain what exactly does this mean? How do we show Visa officer we have access to funds we declare in bank statement?

If my understanding is correct, the minimum amount of funds I need to show for myself and my wife together is $15,772 (I understand $15,772 is not for single person, its total amount for wife + husband).

From which Indian Banks the funds statements are usually accepted by CIC? Are there any specific Banks from India?

Inputs on these points will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Prince5859

Jun 12, 2019
Can someone answer my above queries for each of the point. It may be very extensive what I’ve asked and but overthinking, but your responses wouldn’t help me a lot in getting out off the trouble.