+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds when landing - PR

abz1109

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Hello,

I can't see anywhere where it says if i need to show proof of funds when i land in Canada to activate my PR and if so the amount of money i am supposed to show? Can someone please help!

Thanks!

chand.damanpreet

Dec 16, 2016
I am thinking of opening a bank account with RBC from my country before landing and show a letter or certificate at port while landing. Icici canada also serves the purpose if you are india. Visit nearest icici bank branch if in India. Or you can do online application online for RBC.

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
I have applied for RBC now and received email details regarding opening. But opening Scotia seems to be easier. I did that.

abz1109

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
I already have an open bank account in Canada as i lived there previously, how much do you reckon i will have to have in my account to get into Canada?

Vietgirl

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
If I don't want to carry cash with me, can I just print out the bank statement to show the immigration officer when I land the first time as PR?

My bank app also has a function to generate "proof of bank balance" - will they accept that?

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
I think, you need to take a DD in that case.
Else what am currently doing is, i opened a deposit only account in Canada. I am transferring money to that and will show that proof when i land.
The next day, i ll go to bank and give the proof to activate account.

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
I think, you need to take a DD in that case.
Else what am currently doing is, i opened a deposit only account in Canada. I am transferring money to that and will show that proof when i land.
The next day, i ll go to bank and give the proof to activate account.
The printed POF is perfectly fine. You don't need anything. Anything that you do take apart from the POF's is completely your choice.

saimurkhan

Oct 4, 2017
Hi, will they accept if I show the latest Bank statement from the country where I am residing now or it has to be a bank statement from a Canadian Bank?