+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds... What to do?

LTJL2010

Nov 5, 2017
My husband and I recently separated and I am in a dilemma.

There is no intention of reconciliation of the marriage as the marriage has been irretrievably broken.

I am unable to attain legal separation due to it not being given in my country. Ideally my family count is three because my husband has a daughter. I am not in contact with either of them.

I have entered the Express Entry pool however, I am seeking this forum's advice. Is it possible for me to count myself as a family of one (1) and provide proof of funds for just myself?

Would I have to get a lawyer to provide a supporting letter to IRCC or would I have to inform them about my situation?

Please advise.

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
My husband and I recently separated and I am in a dilemma.

There is no intention of reconciliation of the marriage as the marriage has been irretrievably broken.

I am unable to attain legal separation due to it not being given in my country. Ideally my family count is three because my husband has a daughter. I am not in contact with either of them.

I have entered the Express Entry pool however, I am seeking this forum's advice. Is it possible for me to count myself as a family of one (1) and provide proof of funds for just myself?

Would I have to get a lawyer to provide a supporting letter to IRCC or would I have to inform them about my situation?

Please advise.
If you were married, you will have to provide divorce certificate to apply as a single applicant.
There is no working around this one.

LTJL2010

Nov 5, 2017
Thanks for your response. Is it possible for me to provide affidavits showing that we have no intention of reconciliation so that I would not need his documents and medical/police records?

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Thanks for your response. Is it possible for me to provide affidavits showing that we have no intention of reconciliation so that I would not need his documents and medical/police records?
No, CIC will only take a "Divorce certificate", no affidavit showing your 'intention' holds any value to them.

I know you are in a critical situation here but, the reality is; marital status goes as single>married>divorced.
You have to have a legal proof of being in any of those statuses. There is no place to be in-between those!
Why don't you finalize the divorce and get over with this once in for all?

saimurali88

Aug 6, 2017
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi folks, One more question on POF.

I have a fixed deposit for 10 lakh INR, Approx 19000 CAD ( for a family of 3) opened on September 29, 2017.

I have received a letter from my bank manager mentioning fixed deposit details and it can be liquidated anytime if required. Also, I have FD account statement and advice.

Will this be sufficient? Or should I provide any additional document ?

Moreover , I'm Indian working in Qatar but I will provide my POF from India as I transfer money to India every month and keep almost nothing here except little money for monthly expenses.

Is there any possibility that CIC will ask for my statement from Qatari bank to see my salary credit?

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Hi folks, One more question on POF.

I have a fixed deposit for 10 lakh INR, Approx 19000 CAD ( for a family of 3) opened on September 29, 2017.

I have received a letter from my bank manager mentioning fixed deposit details and it can be liquidated anytime if required. Also, I have FD account statement and advice.

Will this be sufficient? Or should I provide any additional document ?

Moreover , I'm Indian working in Qatar but I will provide my POF from India as I transfer money to India every month and keep almost nothing here except little money for monthly expenses.

Is there any possibility that CIC will ask for my statement from Qatari bank to see my salary credit?
FD's are one of the most commonly used and accepted POF's.
You can use the statement without any issues.

You do not need to submit a statement of your other accounts (including salary account) unless CIC asks for it.
Just be ready to submit any documents they may ask later on!

saimurali88

Aug 6, 2017
Toronto
NOC Code......

You do not need to submit a statement of your other accounts (including salary account) unless CIC asks for it.
Thank you for the response. Is it true that FD also should be 6 months old? in my case, I have opened it on sep 26 and if I get invitation anytime soon, can I use the FD advice as POF or should submit other documents to prove that money is mine?

redsocks

Feb 7, 2017

I have submitted my application today. Paid for the fee using my credit card. Can I pay my credit card bill using one of the FDs that I had shown in my POF?

redsocks

Feb 7, 2017
Thank you for the response. Is it true that FD also should be 6 months old? in my case, I have opened it on sep 26 and if I get invitation anytime soon, can I use the FD advice as POF or should submit other documents to prove that money is mine?
That shouldn't be a problem. By the time you are ready to apply, it would have been around 6 months