+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds/ What they check???

mjd

Jul 26, 2005
Hi

Please tell me what they require in the bank statement. Do they check only enough funds or 6 months old statement. Actually I deposited funds only a week ago. Is there any other proof of funds instead of a bank statement?

Please guide me!

Thanx

Mjd

yagana

Jan 2, 2006
mjd said:
Hi

Please tell me what they require in the bank statement. Do they check only enough funds or 6 months old statement. Actually I deposited funds only a week ago. Is there any other proof of funds instead of a bank statement?

Please guide me!

Thanx

Mjd
hi ;
Proof of funds mean you have to show them any assets or property( in you own name) or money in your bank which means your bank statement . You have to show anything that is readily available for u that u can go and settle in canada which means you have to show enough funds /money /travellers checks etc in your posession which r needed for settlement for one individual or two or a family of more than two ( you can check out the amount at www.cic.gc.ca which will be required for you ) and that statement should not be 6 months older it can be a month to a few days older but funds should be enough which show u can buy tickets pay rprf fee and you can survive for 6 mths in canada in case you dont find a job sooner so the amounts keep changing accordinlgy but u can check out the lastest . but let me tell you they prefer readily liquidable funds which is money !!!:)

charity_chang

Dec 6, 2011
proof of funds before landing

Can I ask everyone to give me an advice on how to do the proof of funds before landing? Thank you..

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: proof of funds before landing

charity_chang said:
Can I ask everyone to give me an advice on how to do the proof of funds before landing? Thank you..
The best method for proof of funds while landing is a bank draft payable in Canada, traveler's cheques or Cash. As it is not safe for carrying lot of money you have to keep a portion of the total funds - ( upto CAD 5000/- or less ) for immediate use after landing. Please be noted that you have to declare the amount exceeding CAD 10,000/- at the landing airport or POE.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Re: proof of funds before landing

wilson said:
The best method for proof of funds while landing is a bank draft payable in Canada, traveler's cheques or Cash. As it is not safe for carrying lot of money you have to keep a portion of the total funds - ( upto CAD 5000/- or less ) for immediate use after landing. Please be noted that you have to declare the amount exceeding CAD 10,000/- at the landing airport or POE.
Good advice... Ive planned this too.

charity_chang

Dec 6, 2011
Thank you so much Wilson for the information... however it's too difficult for me and my partner to do the bank draft here at my city since all of the banks here they don't have CAD only US dollar... what would I do ? thank you....

charity_chang

Dec 6, 2011
Guys, just want to ask.. if we're going to have a bank draft in US dollar... is there any form to fill-up? thank you..Can you share me an example of that form?
:)

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charity_chang said:
Thank you so much Wilson for the information... however it's too difficult for me and my partner to do the bank draft here at my city since all of the banks here they don't have CAD only US dollar... what would I do ? thank you....
Hi Charity_chang, If you cannot get CAD bank draft get US$ bank draft above to the required funds. You can open a US $ account the bank accordingly and also in CAD . Currency conversion is not at all a problem in Canada. Only thing is that you may loose some bank commission for each conversion!!!

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are welcome charity_chang.
I do have a US $ account since from my landing with Scotiabank. For travel to US and for shopping there I use US$ instead of using CAD currency or credit cards.

Please check this if interested

http://www.scotiabank.com/startright/landing-page.html?intcmp=S1iSTRT0310-001

indianb4u

Jun 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys i have same question instead of showing bank statement can i show letter from bank manager on bank letter head will they consider ?

reply please..............