+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds under spp

sushmita

Apr 28, 2016
hello,
Can Someone tell me what all financial documents are needed under spp category. I have paid one year tuition feeand I have GIC certificate. What else do I need? IS education loan is mandatory? Do I have to show bank statement of my father?

sahil.aug1990

May 16, 2016
PREFERRED OPTION for proof of funds: Evidence of purchase of a special Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution, in the amount of $10,000 CAD to cover living expenses for your first year in Canada and evidence of payment for your tuition. See information on the following page for information on how to obtain a GIC.

As an alternate option, you can fulfil the financial requirement by submitting a copy of the receipt for your tuition fee) AND a copy of an Educational Loan from an Indian Chartered Bank equivalent to $10 000 CAD. See information on the following page for the list of acceptable banks.

1. PREFERRED OPTION for proof of funds: Evidence of purchase of a special Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution, in the amount of $10,000 CAD to cover living expenses for your first year in Canada and evidence of payment for your tuition. See information on the following page for information on how to obtain a GIC.

As an alternate option, you can fulfill the financial requirement by submitting a copy of the receipt for your tuition fee) AND a copy of an Educational Loan from an Indian Chartered Bank equivalent to $10 000 CAD. See information on the following page for the list of acceptable banks.

andy_2016

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Hi
you showing GIC , that itself suffice , however showing extra funds always makes your application stronger and there is no harm in showing your fathers bank statement, but remember one thing , if you show your father's bank statement you will also have to show a consent letter from your father , stating this money can be utilized for your studies.

Also remember , if you showing your father your sponsorer you should show your father ITR returns and other documents proving his financial establishment.

ALL THE BEST

Yodleee

Jun 27, 2016
andy_2016 said:
Hi
you showing GIC , that itself suffice , however showing extra funds always makes your application stronger and there is no harm in showing your fathers bank statement, but remember one thing , if you show your father's bank statement you will also have to show a consent letter from your father , stating this money can be utilized for your studies.

Also remember , if you showing your father your sponsorer you should show your father ITR returns and other documents proving his financial establishment.

ALL THE BEST

Hi Andy,

What is the format for letter of consent for allowing to disclose my fathers bank details

amrit saab

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon
I think gic and fee receipt are just enough to show financial stitution, if u add more document visa officer take more time to access u r profile, spp is just to refuce the documentation