+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds Transfer Post ITA

Sanazeh

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Hi,

I have a query regarding the proof of funds. The funds we have been maintaining for Canada visa were in my husband's account whereas, I am the principal applicant. We were under the impression this will suffice. However we have now decided to transfer these funds to my own account. I am going to provide a letter of explanation to CIC along with the affidavit from my husband that he has given me this money and this is not a loan and that this money is saved up as settlement fund in Canada.

I need some help with the text of these 2 documents i.e. 1) Letter of explanation 2) Affidavit for transfer of money and mentioning it is our settlement fund.

Also, do i need to provide CIC my current bank certificate or I must give them my 6 months statement/balance?

Thanks,

samuelrajsrinivasan

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Hi,

I have a query regarding the proof of funds. The funds we have been maintaining for Canada visa were in my husband's account whereas, I am the principal applicant. We were under the impression this will suffice. However we have now decided to transfer these funds to my own account. I am going to provide a letter of explanation to CIC along with the affidavit from my husband that he has given me this money and this is not a loan and that this money is saved up as settlement fund in Canada.

I need some help with the text of these 2 documents i.e. 1) Letter of explanation 2) Affidavit for transfer of money and mentioning it is our settlement fund.

Also, do i need to provide CIC my current bank certificate or I must give them my 6 months statement/balance?

Thanks,
did you get help with this/ if not how di you do you can you pls help me out here, i am transferring money from my wife's accout