+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds - Spouse account

korucu

Jun 24, 2019
Only the principal applicant needs to show proof of funds.
Thanks for the response. We will do like that apparently which is easier for us too :).

Do you think it is the right way to put for PA as I mention as `Employment letter, T4 form, a couple of paystubs(some people mentioned this is enough for CEC as you don't have to show min. fund.` We also prepared all other bank documents for PA as well. Should we put them all together or avoid any confusion and wait, if they ask later, then give it?

sulidin

Sep 10, 2019
- Guyz can we show 2 different account with both my name and my spouse with more than 10000-15000 $ on each. We cant turn those accounts to joint.
- Also do we need to show loan which is on another bank? and how it will affect our application.

Pal12

Feb 26, 2020
I am the principal applicant. My funds were in my husband's name with a LOE that he is OK with me using those funds for EE.. OINP requested that I move the funds on my name. So I have opened an account and moved the funds on my name, with a LOE about why I did that. I received nomination a few days ago. This is my story. Maybe it helps. Good luck all!
Hi, did you have a joint account with your husband?

Pal12

Feb 26, 2020
@ piyush agarwal

HI Piyush,

I need your help in understanding the POF requirment. I am the principal applicant and recently got ITA.
Currently the funds are exclusively on my spouse name who is also accompanying to canada, i would like to know whether i can show bank certificate of my spouse account as per CIC requirement along with self declaration that this amount can be used for POF. The account is in his name only n cannot b made joint. will tat lead to refusal ?

Bye
Found an answer?

HARMAN08

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Hello all,

I am PA. I have LMIA and a nomination from Alberta. Based upon that I've recently received an invitation to apply for PR through EE.

My question is about proof of funds as well. My wife is director and a partner of a preschool and after the nomination from Alberta, we were sure that we will be invited with the next draw, she decided to take her share of profit / bonus from the school and then she transferred the funds to my bank account. If I hadn't received the invitation, she would have used these funds to maintain the school.

The funds were transferred during two weeks due to transfer limits. Now what do I need to submit as POF? Would this be sufficient:

1. A verifiable letter from my bank advising my name, ID, date of opening etc
2. 6 months verifiable bank statements for all my accounts
3. A verifiable letter from my wife's bank advising her name, ID, date of opening etc
4. A proof that she is the director / partner of xxx preschool
5. A gift deed from my wife

Do I need to show her bank statements and schools bank statements as trail as well or that would be too much paperwork and not necessary?

I thank you in advance.