+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds- Shortage

pinkster

Jul 23, 2018
Dear Applicants,

Need help in this regard. My AOR is 11 Sep. For the POF, I had submitted CAD 700 extra in case there is currency exchange fluctuations. Unfortunately, my base currency devalued a lot in the past few days and now even with the extra funds, my POF has fallen short by approx. 250 CAD. I have two questions:

1. Should I add more funds in my account and send it to CIC via web form? before they ask for ADR or God forbid reject my case? :(

2. Apart from my POF, I have also added my PF letters from my company in the LOE. Will the Visa Office consider PF as my POF?

Thanks in advance for your help.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Dear Applicants,

Need help in this regard. My AOR is 11 Sep. For the POF, I had submitted CAD 700 extra in case there is currency exchange fluctuations. Unfortunately, my base currency devalued a lot in the past few days and now even with the extra funds, my POF has fallen short by approx. 250 CAD. I have two questions:

1. Should I add more funds in my account and send it to CIC via web form? before they ask for ADR or God forbid reject my case? :(

2. Apart from my POF, I have also added my PF letters from my company in the LOE. Will the Visa Office consider PF as my POF?

1. Tricky because that then opens a whole lot of questions as to where u got the funds from. If u already had them why didn't you include them initially. The point of pof is not to assess how much u have at a point of time but basically to ensure u have minimum to cover you over a time period when you are in Canada. So short term transfers etc won't work. If it's just short of 250 cad I'd suggest you sit tight and hope the visa officer is lenient enough to take fx fluctuations as an exception.

2. Yes PF is considered as pof.

pinkster

Jul 23, 2018
1. Tricky because that then opens a whole lot of questions as to where u got the funds from. If u already had them why didn't you include them initially. The point of pof is not to assess how much u have at a point of time but basically to ensure u have minimum to cover you over a time period when you are in Canada. So short term transfers etc won't work. If it's just short of 250 cad I'd suggest you sit tight and hope the visa officer is lenient enough to take fx fluctuations as an exception.

2. Yes PF is considered as pof.
The additional amount will be showed that it has come from my salary that i got after AOR. Would that help?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Dear Applicants,

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Did your Pof meet the minimum requirement as at the time your application was submitted? If yes, then relax.