+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds - SDS. URGENT QUERY

SVW_87

May 22, 2019
Please help. I am applying for a one year course and am presently employed in India

1. I have paid my own GIC from my bank account

2. Fee has been paid by my dad's bank account. However, there are a few credits in his account just before fee payment (money borrowed)

When I upload docs,can I only upload fee payment receipt, GIC receipt and MY own bank statements.

Is it mandatory to upload my dad's bank statements as well since he paid for the tuition fee.

SVW_87

May 22, 2019
Any replies will be appreciated. We don't want to upload the statements for my dad's account. Not sure if it is required

ragiii

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
Here, I'm assuming you've paid one year fees and you have GIC set up. So that essentially takes care of the financial part. Now you simply have to show proof that you have enough money with you for to and fro travel and you're all set. And IELTS too ofcourse.

SVW_87

May 22, 2019
Great. Thanks. So bank statement for parent need not be furnished. I guess. Yes , will be able to show booked ticket and another 1L INR in my account

Gary1207

Aug 1, 2020
if the course is for one year and you have paid the whole fees and the gic, its not required to upload the bank statement at all.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: SVW_87

Sirwise

Jul 19, 2019
@SVW_87 ,

It depends on the person you intend to use as your Sponsor. If your father is your sole sponsor, you have to attach his bank statement + letter of support + pay slips + your personal bank statement. However , if you are self sponsor , you need to upload your bank statement, pay slips, GIC and tuition payment receipt.

I will recommend you to use the second option as it doesn't require more explanations.

All the best

Cheers!

SVW_87

May 22, 2019
@SVW_87 ,

It depends on the person you intend to use as your Sponsor. If your father is your sole sponsor, you have to attach his bank statement + letter of support + pay slips + your personal bank statement. However , if you are self sponsor , you need to upload your bank statement, pay slips, GIC and tuition payment receipt.

I will recommend you to use the second option as it doesn't require more explanations.

All the best

Cheers!
Thanks .

Tuition is paid by my dad.

GIC payment is by me and I'll be purchasing my airline ticket as well

I think my bank statements should suffice then. The reason I don't want to show my dad's statement is because we had to borrow funds in order to pay for the fee and this reflects in the last 1 no the statement of his account.

Hence was wondering if fee payment receipt, GIC payment proof and MY bank statements will be enough.