+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds sample

JayashreeGowda

Nov 18, 2018
For people in the US, can some one give me the sample letter for proof of funds? and also the details of what all you submitted for proof of funds.
I got a letter from my bank, and not sure if that is sufficient as it shows the current balance only.

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
Hi @JayashreeGowda ! Did you ever find out this? My understanding is you don't even need a letter as long as you are able to provide last 3-6 months of banks statements with sufficient funds. I am guessing your question is regarding the permanent move and not for initial application process.

Seeking opinion from experts like @Hurlabrick, @scylla.

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
I wasn't asked for any proof personally either when I did a short landing (and declared more than $10k) or when I moved permanently. But it doesn't hurt to have it on you just in case.
I was neither asked too for my initial landing. My question is more about when I move permanently.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
I was neither asked too for my initial landing. My question is more about when I move permanently.
When you move back with a PR card, you already have an immigrant status. No body will care if you have enough funds then. You don't even see border officers anymore. It's all machines that scan your PR card.

Edit: this is the case in Pearson airport btw (the machines that scan cards), still, no one will ask you about money anymore because it's none of their business, unless you're carrying tons of cash, in which case they might be suspicious.

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
When you move back with a PR card, you already have an immigrant status. No body will care if you have enough funds then. You don't even see border officers anymore. It's all machines that scan your PR card.

Edit: this is the case in Pearson airport btw (the machines that scan cards), still, no one will ask you about money anymore because it's none of their business, unless you're carrying tons of cash, in which case they might be suspicious.
I understand that if I have a PR card. But, my card is still under process and I would like to move before my card is issued. I was told by the CBSA officer during my initial landing that I don't need a PR card for moving, if I'm crossing the border by land. But, I'm not sure about the funds part.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
I understand that if I have a PR card. But, my card is still under process and I would like to move before my card is issued. I was told by the CBSA officer during my initial landing that I don't need a PR card for moving, if I'm crossing the border by land. But, I'm not sure about the funds part.
You're considered an immigrant upon completing your first landing. Your stamped CoPR is proof and acts as an equivalent to the PR card. So if you can re-enter by land, your CoPR shows you're already an immigrant.

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
You're considered an immigrant upon completing your first landing. Your stamped CoPR is proof and acts as an equivalent to the PR card. So if you can re-enter by land, your CoPR shows you're already an immigrant.
Got it. So, just to confirm carrying POF is mandatory when I moving. Is that correct?