+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of funds requirements

canada2019

Apr 15, 2018
Hi hive mind!

We are currently applying for express entry under the Skilled Trades Program. We know that we need proof of funds. My concern is that our 'funds' are in my bank account, not my fiances - who is the main applicant. I would be accompanying under common-law. We have lived together since 2016 so have no problem proving this.

We are unable to put him on my account because he is Chilean and we currently live in Chile.

It is not preferable (though not impossible if necessary) transfer the money as the money is in a UK account and we would lose a lot by transferring to his Chilean account.

Have anyone experienced this or have any words of wisdom!

many thanks

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi hive mind!

We are currently applying for express entry under the Skilled Trades Program. We know that we need proof of funds. My concern is that our 'funds' are in my bank account, not my fiances - who is the main applicant. I would be accompanying under common-law. We have lived together since 2016 so have no problem proving this.

We are unable to put him on my account because he is Chilean and we currently live in Chile.

It is not preferable (though not impossible if necessary) transfer the money as the money is in a UK account and we would lose a lot by transferring to his Chilean account.

Have anyone experienced this or have any words of wisdom!

many thanks
You can show your bank account and add a letter which mentions that you will be accompanying your fiance, you have no objection with him using the funds for POF and that the funds will be readily available to him.

canada2019

Apr 15, 2018
You can show your bank account and add a letter which mentions that you will be accompanying your fiance, you have no objection with him using the funds for POF and that the funds will be readily available to him.
Thank you Maverick28!

Do you have any personal experience of this? I’m just getting a lot of conflicting opinions and no one have actually experienced it :)