+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of funds requirements

canada2019

Apr 15, 2018
Hi hive mind!

We are currently applying for express entry under the Skilled Trades Program. We know that we need proof of funds. My concern is that our 'funds' are in my bank account, not my fiances - who is the main applicant. I would be accompanying under common-law. We have lived together since 2016 so have no problem proving this.

We are unable to put him on my account because he is Chilean and we currently live in Chile.

It is not preferable (though not impossible if necessary) transfer the money as the money is in a UK account and we would lose a lot by transferring to his Chilean account.

Have anyone experienced this or have any words of wisdom!

many thanks

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013

canada2019

Apr 15, 2018
Because you are common law, I would think it is assumed that funds are shared. So long as there are proof of funds it shouldn't matter who's account holds that money. Best to post the question in the EE portion of the forum located here https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/express-entry-expression-of-interest.54/ for definitive answers though.

Good luck!
Thank you Alurra71. I would think so too, however, I am getting so many conflicting opinions! I would hate to be in the position that we lose out on PR because I didn't just bite the bullet and take the transfer loss to make things a lot more simple.
Thank you again