+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds - Requirements Different for OINP and EE? Implications!

smhamza

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
hello. my question is proof of funds and its different ageing requirements by Ontario and EE.

it's strange. Ontario requires ageing of 3 months only but EE requires of 6 months. i mean - what's the point of 3 months if a profile who satisfies 3 months requirement but not 6 months requirement? Ontario, when gives nomination, adds 600 points to the candidate/applicant. so it's possible that this candidate even though nominated by Ontario will be rejected by EE because fulfilled 3 months ageing but not the 6 months ageing?

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
hello. my question is proof of funds and its different ageing requirements by Ontario and EE.

it's strange. Ontario requires ageing of 3 months only but EE requires of 6 months. i mean - what's the point of 3 months if a profile who satisfies 3 months requirement but not 6 months requirement? Ontario, when gives nomination, adds 600 points to the candidate/applicant. so it's possible that this candidate even though nominated by Ontario will be rejected by EE because fulfilled 3 months ageing but not the 6 months ageing?
Each province has their own specific requirements. IRCC is not bonded to the province, it is a different entity. I would meet rquirement as requested by each entity.