+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds question for Express Entry (Skilled Worker program)

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
I'm currently in Canada on a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) for one year and am working for an employer in the field in which I graduated. The job is a permanent position that extends indefinitely. It is not supported by an LMIA as my company has a policy against applying for LMIAs on behalf of foreign workers.

I'm creating my Express Entry profile and noticed that for the How much money will X bring with you to Canada question, I do not have the required $12,475 in my bank account. I don't see why I need it because:

1. I live with my aunt and uncle, who are citizens, rent-free
2. I have a salaried full-time job in which I already am working (and will have a year of work experience a month before my PGWP expires)

However, I can't use my pay as proof of funds in my PR application because it doesn't count as a valid job offer due to the lack of an LMIA. Is there any way in which I can explain this situation to CIC (lack of living costs etc)? Also, what would I specify as the answer to the How Much Funds question?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I'm currently in Canada on a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) for one year and am working for an employer in the field in which I graduated. The job is a permanent position that extends indefinitely. It is not supported by an LMIA as my company has a policy against applying for LMIAs on behalf of foreign workers.

I'm creating my Express Entry profile and noticed that for the How much money will X bring with you to Canada question, I do not have the required $12,475 in my bank account. I don't see why I need it because:

2. I have a salaried full-time job in which I already am working (and will have a year of work experience a month before my PGWP expires)

However, I can't use my pay as proof of funds in my PR application because it doesn't count as a valid job offer due to the lack of an LMIA. Is there any way in which I can explain this situation to CIC (lack of living costs etc)? Also, what would I specify as the answer to the How Much Funds question?
It depends on your stream.
If CEC, you won't need POF.
If FSW, you'll need POF regardless of where you live or whom you live with in Canada, unless you have a LMIA supported job offer, which is not your case apparently.

Sure, you live with your aunt and uncle now, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to support yourself as an economic immigrant.

Reactions: shannonxtreme

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018

I would suggest you go for the CEC Canadian Experience Class stream under EE. Since you already live in Canada and have an unlimited job.