+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds query

applicant_2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Hello,
Can someone please shed some light on my questions regarding POF:
1. I have my checking and savings a/c with DCU in USA and within my online a/c there is an option to get the deposit/immigration letter. The format has all the details - name, bank name/address etc but regarding the funds it has the following fields/columns:
Acct No.|| Type ||Balance Available || Avg Balance (6 Mo.) || Maturity Date || Open Date

Now it doesn't have the avg balance for each month over the last 6 months like Avg Balance Month 1, Avg Balance Month 2 ...... and so on..

Therefore, is the info given in the current letter enough or I need to request for more detailed letter ?

2. My savings are from my salary plus the POF a/c is my salary a/c and also the bank where I have my auto loan from. While printing the POF letter online, I have an option as to which a/c's I want to include in the letter and which I don't. So do I need to include my auto loan ? Or should I exclude it ? My only concern is that CIC shouldn't consider my assets - loans kind of thing ? Ideally car loan is a secured loan at the end of the day not like a credit card debt but I am confused.

Please advise !!

Thanks in advance.

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
Did you procure some other letter
Hello,
1. I have my checking and savings a/c with DCU in USA and within my online a/c there is an option to get the deposit/immigration letter. The format has all the details - name, bank name/address etc but regarding the funds it has the following fields/columns:
Acct No.|| Type ||Balance Available || Avg Balance (6 Mo.) || Maturity Date || Open Date

Now it doesn't have the avg balance for each month over the last 6 months like Avg Balance Month 1, Avg Balance Month 2 ...... and so on..

Therefore, is the info given in the current letter enough or I need to request for more detailed letter ?

2. My savings are from my salary plus the POF a/c is my salary a/c and also the bank where I have my auto loan from. While printing the POF letter online, I have an option as to which a/c's I want to include in the letter and which I don't. So do I need to include my auto loan ? Or should I exclude it ? My only concern is that CIC shouldn't consider my assets - loans kind of thing ? Ideally car loan is a secured loan at the end of the day not like a credit card debt but I am confused.

Please advise !!

Thanks in advance.
Hey , Did you procured any other letter from DCU or just online letter was fine. Please reply as I also have account in DCU and will be showing POF from DCU.
Also, did you submitted individual bank statements for 6 months ?

Thanks in advance !

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
I used the online letter from DCU. It was perfectly fine so don't worry. It does not peocopr avg balance for each month but it does has option for avg balqnba for last 6 months. That's what I used.

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
I used the online letter from DCU. It was perfectly fine so don't worry. It does not peocopr avg balance for each month but it does has option for avg balqnba for last 6 months. That's what I used.
Thanks for the reply chikoo. So, this was the only letter you uploaded? Last 6 months individual bank statements are also not required ? Thanks for your help.

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
Thanks for the reply chikoo. So, this was the only letter you uploaded? Last 6 months individual bank statements are also not required ? Thanks for your help.
I have uploaded 6 months avg bank statement for each of my accounts.

Reactions: Vivu

applicant_2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Did you procure some other letter

Hey , Did you procured any other letter from DCU or just online letter was fine. Please reply as I also have account in DCU and will be showing POF from DCU.
Also, did you submitted individual bank statements for 6 months ?

Thanks in advance !
I just ended up using the online letter from DCU. Thats it.. Let me know if you any further questions.

All the best !!

Reactions: Vivu

sam.m

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Hello,

Please advise !!

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Did you include car loan details as well in the online letter from your bank or excluded it?

Thanks!