+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds query

sunny5868

Jan 26, 2017
Can the monetary gift for the proof of funds be from a close friend or does it have to be from immediate family members?

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
immediate family member only.

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
sunny5868 said:
Are you sure? It doesn't say anywhere that it needs to be only from an immediate family member
Whatever the case is, whether it's from an immediate family member or not, if your explanation about the funds satisfies visa officer, you will not have any problem.

Since It is true and easier to believe, that parents/siblings in countries like India help their child/sibling financially(for studies, accommodations, relocating and lot of other things), you have better chance convincing visa officer about the gift-deed from them.

Imagine a scenario where you have provided CIC with all the documents needed, and they are satisfied with all of it except they are not convince and doubt that the funds you have got as a gift from a friend are not gift but in reality you have borrowed it. You have chances of getting refusal based on their doubt.

By the way, Whom do you have in mind for gift-deed?

jjay

Dec 30, 2015
I think as long as the money is sent to any of immediate family member account and you transfer the funds from them to primary applicant account, it should be fine. Can some one clarify

sunny5868

Jan 26, 2017
can_indian said:
Whatever the case is, whether it's from an immediate family member or not, if your explanation about the funds satisfies visa officer, you will not have any problem.

Since It is true and easier to believe, that parents/siblings in countries like India help their child/sibling financially(for studies, accommodations, relocating and lot of other things), you have better chance convincing visa officer about the gift-deed.

Imagine a scenario where you have provided CIC with all the documents needed, and they are satisfied with all of it except they are not convince and doubt that the funds you have got as a gift from a friend are not gift but in reality you have borrowed it. You have chances of getting refusal based on their doubt.

By the way, Whom do you have in mind for gift-deed?
It's my girl friend. We aren't common law partners. But we have been together from quite some time now. We are planning to marry once this application is through and over.

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
sunny5868 said:
It's my girl friend. We aren't common law partners. But we have been together from quite some time now. We are planning to marry once this application is through and over.
Well, in that case, You will need a strong explanation letter for POF.

Read below thread, (well I haven't read it completely but you will find pretty different cases about POF vs Gift Deed.)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/a-complete-way-to-nail-source-of-fund-dilemma-t349224.0.html

sunny5868

Jan 26, 2017
can_indian said:
Well, in that case, You will need a strong explanation letter for POF.

Read below thread, (well I haven't read it completely but you will find pretty different cases about POF vs Gift Deed.)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/a-complete-way-to-nail-source-of-fund-dilemma-t349224.0.html
Thank You

Aug 6, 2018
Hi,
Read this post now and I want to know what happened finally? Did the CIC agent reject/refuse the application seeing that the fund was coming from a 'friend'?

What is the MINIMUM amount that the CIC reviewer will look at?? In my case, I have 21000 CAD in my account, which is more than the amount stated by CIC for a couple = 16000CAD... but unfortunately my friend transferred 680 CAD last month --- What do i do?? should I explain this transaction in my LOE saying that my friend gave it to me as a gift OR shall i not explain it at all?? It was actually the return of a house rental agreement deposit for which i have no contract as proof :(

Any response/help is much appreciated!