+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds query

Bhatia

Jul 29, 2011
Dear Forum members

I am looking forward to apply for Canadian residentship. Amount of money which is required to be shown at the time of application is CAD 14853. However, it would be very tough for me to show this much money alone.

I am prime applicant and my wife is applying on spouse visa with me. She is working as well. Can I show money in her savings account towards funds I have in hand?

Also, is it possible that i become joint account holder with my mother (her account is more than 10 years old). and show that money towards funds I have in hand?

Please advise suitably.

Regards

SANDALWOOD

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
india
Category........
Visa Office......
COLOMBO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
---
Money should be in your account or your wife or you and ur wife joint account.

Noone else should be joint holder in that bank account.

guptaa

Dec 2, 2014
India
Bhatia said:
Dear Forum members

I am looking forward to apply for Canadian residentship. Amount of money which is required to be shown at the time of application is CAD 14853. However, it would be very tough for me to show this much money alone.

I am prime applicant and my wife is applying on spouse visa with me. She is working as well. Can I show money in her savings account towards funds I have in hand?

Also, is it possible that i become joint account holder with my mother (her account is more than 10 years old). and show that money towards funds I have in hand?

Please advise suitably.

Regards
Dear Bhatia jee.

Yes, you can include amount in your wife's account. I can confirm on this information as I also used 4 lakh rupees from my wife's account and my application was accepted.

All the best!!!