+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof Of funds query, NRE account, home loan

hvp130230

Apr 1, 2019
I have more than the required balance for a family of 2 as per CIC in US bank "A" for the past 6 months.

As part of POF, I will be submitting 6 months bank statement from bank "A".
Is it necessary to provide supplementary documents explaining following debited transactions in the account "A":-
1) Transactions pertaining to credit card payments issued by another bank.
If yes, will I have to provide credit card statement for 6 months?​
2) Transactions of transfer to my NRE account in India through Western Union.
Will I need a POF certificate for NRE account as well?
If yes, my NRE account transactions reflects home loan EMI payment. Again, will I need a certificate from home loan issuing bank as well?​
In general, after going through many threads I believe that sudden flow of money into the account is a red flag for CIC. Do they care about monthly payments or money debited from the account?

mumbaikar88

Feb 2, 2019
Technically, you should submit letters from all financial institutions that you have relationships with, especially if an officer can see linkages between said accounts by looking closely at your bank statements.

You should provide bank statements if you have not maintained more than the required minimum POF for your application for each of the last six months, which would be apparent from the average balance for the past six months disclosed in your financial institution's letter.

Also, routine payments being deducted from your account will alert them to a debt obligation like a credit card or an EMI deduction. Best to provide letters for all institutions as IRCC requires, if you can. Why take chances, right?