+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds Query for temporary resident visa

KhyatiS

May 24, 2018
My parents want to visit my sister in Canada on temporary resident visa.
My sister rec'd PR. I am living in India
My query -
For proof of funds for temporary resident visa, how many dollars are sufficient to show for 3 months for 2 people?
As their income is low, can I show a gift deed/ sponsorship?
Is it mandatory to show previous six months bank statements?
For proof of funds, can I show the property/ house papers?
By what other ways can i show sufficient funds due to their low income?
TIA :)

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Some people suggest $1000CAD per week.

House deeds or property papers are not really proof of funds (they're immovable assets) but more proof of ties to the home country.

Your sister can write an invitation letter offering to pay their expenses, however be aware that this can be weighed against the visa applicants as it can be interpreted as family members who would be willing to pay for their parents overstay in Canada.

Your parents need to demonstrate ties to India that will make them return after their stay. Pension applications, rental properties to manage, etc. They may also wish to propose a shorter visit (2-3 weeks, maybe a month)

KhyatiS

May 24, 2018
Some people suggest $1000CAD per week.

House deeds or property papers are not really proof of funds (they're immovable assets) but more proof of ties to the home country.

Your sister can write an invitation letter offering to pay their expenses, however be aware that this can be weighed against the visa applicants as it can be interpreted as family members who would be willing to pay for their parents overstay in Canada.

Your parents need to demonstrate ties to India that will make them return after their stay. Pension applications, rental properties to manage, etc. They may also wish to propose a shorter visit (2-3 weeks, maybe a month)
Thank you so much!

gurupatel

Mar 29, 2019
i m apply for TRV my question is may i show the my parent property valuation report or not its working or not