+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds - Procedural Fairness Request - funds in named wife's name - help

Fab_Pin

Jan 17, 2016
Hi,
I have applied under EE (FSW) and have also applied for OINP.
OINP has assessed all my documents and have recently sent me a letter called a 'Procedural Fairness Request' identifying that they feel one of the criteria is now met.

'Specifically:
Possess sufficient funds to cover your settlement costs in Ontario. Your
application has not demonstrated that the funds included in your application are
readily available to you for settlement as they are largely in your wife’s name.'

Now majority of our POF are in my wife's name (with sufficient history) who is also named on the application, and I have provided a signed letter from her as documentation, stating the funds are only for the purpose of our immigration to Canada. (Supporting document: Marriage Certificate).

They have now given me 30 days to provide additional documentation in to support that my application satisfies this criteria.

Please advise on how I should proceed....

I can transfer all the funds to my account and provide statements from both her account and mine showing a credit in mine and and equal and opposite debit in hers. I can also back that up by a notarized letter from her stating that she has transferred the money to me unconditionally and does not require it back. My only concern is my account will not have history of funds, as a majority of the funds would have just come in. I dont want to get rejected for this.

any advice of how to proceed?
Many thanks!