+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds - Post office Term deposits

amulyagk

Dec 22, 2020
Hi,
I have 5-year term deposits and savings in post office. Can I use them as proof of funds? If anybody had tried to show proof of funds from post office saving accounts, Please share your inputs.

Thanks in advance.
Amulya

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Hi,
I have 5-year term deposits and savings in post office. Can I use them as proof of funds? If anybody had tried to show proof of funds from post office saving accounts, Please share your inputs.

Thanks in advance.
Amulya
Any asset which cannot be readily liquidated, and the price of which cannot be ascertained immediately, cannot be used to meet the PoF requirements. Therefore, real estate assets, stocks etc. cannot be used. However, bank deposits, mutual funds, treasury bills, bonds, provident fund (India), Life Insurance Policy (whole life insurance, term life cannot be used) and similar monetary investments that can be readily liquidated, can be used for PoF

amulyagk

Dec 22, 2020
Any asset which cannot be readily liquidated, and the price of which cannot be ascertained immediately, cannot be used to meet the PoF requirements. Therefore, real estate assets, stocks etc. cannot be used. However, bank deposits, mutual funds, treasury bills, bonds, provident fund (India), Life Insurance Policy (whole life insurance, term life cannot be used) and similar monetary investments that can be readily liquidated, can be used for PoF
Thankyou. If my bank provides average balance of the past six months(just one final value) ,is it still necessary to attach statement?