+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds- please advise ASAP

nad

Sep 27, 2010
Dear Members,

if we have the electronic bank statements issued by the bank with bank logo and other bank details and we take the printouts, is it acceptable or printout should be on bank paper letter head.

Please advice ASAP.

Regards,

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Online statement is acceptable, but should be printed complete details of bank , account holder/s name with full account number. remember bank info should be printed i.e bank name, address, phone number or call center number, website info etc.

my is accepted from USA banks (Welsfargo and Bank of america) and SBI indian bank NRI accounts

OMM

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
nad said:
Dear Members,

if we have the electronic bank statements issued by the bank with bank logo and other bank details and we take the printouts, is it acceptable or printout should be on bank paper letter head.

Please advice ASAP.

Regards,
Bank paper letter head, since printouts are easily forgeable.

You can try, but I wouldn't want to risk rejection on that basis.

Wayne.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nad said:
Dear Members,

Please advice ASAP.

Regards,

For me,

I just went to the bank and asked them to give me a letter stating my current account. Then they offered me two options:

The first was a letter stating that I have $$$.........amount of money in my account, stamped dated by the bank on the bank letterhead for $15 and takes three days at least to be issued.

The second was just a print out page of my bank account information, dated, stamped by the bank, can be issued right away for no cost.

As I was in a hurry and wanted to land the day after, I picked the second choice, and it was completely acceptable by the border officer.

I do not know whether it is going to work for everyone, maybe because I have been already living in Canada, and just went to the borders to land.

At the end, it depends on the Border officer and his/her mood at the time of your landing.

nad

Sep 27, 2010
Thanks everybody for the quick response,

one more question, if the funds is in the currency other than CAD$ then how to show it.

Regards.

shuhash

Star Member
May 21, 2010
nad said:

one more question, if the funds is in the currency other than CAD$ then how to show it.

Regards.
i submitted mine in USD .. you can submit in original currency -- u need to show CAD equiv amt -- not actual cad amount .. so don't worry .. just make sure if you convert your amount to CAD then it's above the required amount ... :) ..

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
nad said:

Regards.

No problem at all. Of course, your statement shows a base currency. You can show the amount converted into CAD by yourself [just in writing]. As a logical conversion proof, you can attach a currency converter print-out, i.e. Yahoo Converter.

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-converter/#from=MAD;to=CAD;amt=1

All the best!

smiling_face :)

OHM

Star Member
Feb 27, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-March-2010
Doc's Request.
26-May-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR 26-May-2010 and 2nd AOR on 16-Feb-2011
IELTS Request
Total 7 Band
File Transfer...
In Process with Process Started Date 21 March 2012
Med's Request
04.October.2013
Med's Done....
26.October.2013 - with PCC & RPRF
Interview........
I think it's Waived.
Passport Req..
PP request on 22.Nov.2013 and PP sent on 29.Nov.2013
VISA ISSUED...
13.Dec.2013 (but received on 31.12.2013)
LANDED..........
going to land in Calgary on 09-Sept-2014
dear nad,

you can show proof of funds in any currency equalant to CAD $ (how much you have to show). and bank statement printout from Bank Web Site is also valid but it must have Original Bank stamp (i submitted mine like this only).

thanks

OHM

salmanahm

Oct 9, 2009
Islamabad Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Transferred to London from Islamabad
NOC Code......
4131-0911-9216
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
1 Jan 2010
Nomination.....
4th may 2010
AOR Received.
18th Aug 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-1-15 PP received on 21-1-15
It should be enough but on the safer side check and make sure that printed online statement has some bar code. If not better get it stamped from the bank.