+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds - Parents account - joint account

musicnlyrx

Sep 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anuragreddy said:
For proof of funds, can I show the bank statement of my joint account with my mother?
No, it should be in the name of primary applicant.
You can use your joint account that you have with your spouse (only if your spouse is accompanying you). You can use that account for funds, but with a self-declaration letter from your spouse that states that you can use the money in the joint account in whatever way and your spouse does not have any problem.

You can get a gift from your parents and transfer the gifted money in your account. Again, you need valid documentation/affidavit that states that you have not borrowed the money from parents and you will not return the money to your parents, but it is a gift from your parents to you to settle in Canada.

arcticbeans

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The account doesn't have to be in the name of the principal applicant, for our application all of the funds were in my wife' s account, my name wasn't on the account at all and I didn't have permission legally to use the account. She wrote a letter saying that she considered all of our money to be joint and that I had her full permission to use the money however I wanted, including for the purpose of our settlement funds. She also wrote that at no point in the future would I be expected to repay any of the money I used.

As to a joint account with your mother though...I don't think so, I think if its the accompanying spouse its different, I am no expert though, only know from our experience.

Hope this helps.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
anuragreddy said:
For proof of funds, can I show the bank statement of my joint account with my mother?
Yes, you can definitely show your required funds maintained in a joint account - where you and either one or both your parents are joint account holders.
You must get a gift deed signed from your parent which states that the required amount is a gift to you and it need not be returned back.
You need to attach the gift deed along with the bank certificate and 6 months bank statements.

You can use this as POF for both OINP and IRCC e-APR applications.

Note: For SINP EE program, joint account with your spouse is accepted and that with your parents is not allowed/accepted.
For SINP, it is mandatory to have your funds in a bank account in your own name or jointly held with your spouse, no other option.

Sep 13, 2017
I have ITA & I have to show proof of funds for Canada express entry. I have a joint account with my mom having funds & she is primary account holder. Will this b acceptable? & If I transfer it into my personal acc then what documents I need to show?

drezashah

Jun 28, 2017
Dear friends
Is it mandatory that the whole amount of money is in a single a account? I have got three accounts that the sum of their balances are equal to the amount I have claimed to take to Canada.