+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds on landing advice

miss_mp

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Just wondered if anyone can advise about proof of funds on landing - whether this needs to be in Canadian dollars or can it be in your own home currency?

And also do I need to bring this minimum about with me when I land, or is it okay to carry less than that, but show them a home bank statement which states I have this amount in my home bank which I can then transfer over when I open an account in Canada.

Thanks in advance :)

HariBS

May 21, 2016
As far as I know you dont need to bring the minimum amount with you when you land. Home bank statement with sufficient funds of any country is more than enough and stating that you are going to wire transfer the amount to the Canadian bank after account opening.

Steaky,

Could you please throw me some more light on "only Hong kong dollars and/or British Pounds are fine" Any international currency is accepted to exchange in the airport. not only the above dollars and pounds. Please correct me if i m wrong too.

njabeen

Sep 9, 2010
Is it Ok if I transfer money to my sisters account in canada and show transfer papers at the time of landing ?

HariBS

May 21, 2016
I personally think that the POF is to be in your account only. POF is to state to IO that you have the sufficient funds in your account while landing and you wouldn't be dependent to others after landing.

hope I m making myself clear?