+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds needed for CEC?

royalstellar

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
Hi

I did get EE invitation a month ago.

meeting the deadline to submit.

I only qualify for CEC as far as I know, thats why I had to wait to be in the EE pool

However, the system says I meet for federal skilled worker and CEC.

I want to go through CEC because less documents.

However, my required document requires proof of funds. I thought CEC doesnt need proof of funds?

how do i select my application to be under CEC instead of FSW?

THANK YOU

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi

I only qualify for CEC as far as I know, thats why I had to wait to be in the EE pool

However, my required document requires proof of funds. I thought CEC doesnt need proof of funds?

THANK YOU

You don´t select it. It is asking for proof of funds because you evidently showed funds in your profile, thus qualifying for FSW. No matter, if you re-read your invitation to apply, I´m sure it says for CEC class, because CEC is the default if you qualify for both.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

"Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi

THANK YOU
You don't get to chose, if you qualify for both, then CEC takes priority automatically. It's usually the case for anyone who qualified for CEC to also qualify for FSW.

You can provide proof of fund if you wish, but not need to do so, you could just add a brief letter stating that you don't need to provide this, that's it.

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
As I'm already in Canada for 2+ years on study permit and with PGWP, is it required to obtain police clearance from my home country?

I obtained an outdated one nearly 2 years ago. Is it required to get new police clearance?

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
As I'm already in Canada for 2+ years on study permit and with PGWP, is it required to obtain police clearance from my home country?

I obtained an outdated one nearly 2 years ago. Is it required to get new police clearance?
Yes PCC is always needed from home country. Apply at CGI toronto

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......

If you haven't been to your home country after this PCC was issued then you don't need a new one.
If you have visited even for 1 day after it was issued then you'll need a new one.

Reactions: Hassan89

Hassan89

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015

Yes it is required for any country you lived in longer than 6 months above the age of 18 or during the past 10 years whatever is more recent

jgaona

Sep 6, 2019
You don´t select it. It is asking for proof of funds because you evidently showed funds in your profile, thus qualifying for FSW. No matter, if you re-read your invitation to apply, I´m sure it says for CEC class, because CEC is the default if you qualify for both.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

"Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."
In this case, a valid job offer is the one meeting all of the criteria including a positive LMIA? Thank you.