+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of funds necessary if i have a valid job offer?

h2omd

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys and gals

in the application i have been asked to upload proof of funds although i read in the cic website that this isnt necessary if you have a valid job offer ?

Any suggestion as to what i should do ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per CIC, the only valid job offer is one which is supported by a positive LMIA.

All other applicants will need to provide POF which, for CEC applicants alone, can include monies in the bank along with other supporting evidence including work authorization status, offer letter mentioning salary details, pay stubs, T4s etc. Upload an LOE explaining that all of these are sufficient proof that you can take complete financial responsibilities for yourself and your family in Canada.

h2omd

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for the reply

Yes , i am currently in Canada . I have a valid job offer , supported with a positive LMIA .
In the application that is what i did . However , they still ask me to provide them with proof of funds .

:mad:

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
h2omd said:
thanks for the reply

Yes , i am currently in Canada . I have a valid job offer , supported with a positive LMIA .
In the application that is what i did . However , they still ask me to provide them with proof of funds .

:mad:
The exact same thing has happened to a bunch of us. I just went ahead and got the PoF letters since it was pretty easy to do. No one seems to know why they are asking since the website says you don't have if you have a LMIA job offer and are currently working in Canada.

rossgar76

Feb 27, 2020
Good day.
I actually have a job offer, do I need to show POF? I haven't applied yet since I'm still gathering all the necessary documents.
I appreciate all the advise that will be shared.
Thank you and have a nice day.