+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds letter doesn't have account opening date. Should I submit a new letter? Post AOR

Kt_med

Sep 13, 2018
Hi,
I just realized that in my bank letter bank hasn't written date of opening account
It has all the other details, like statement average balance and that this money is free from any debt.

Do you think it will negatively impact my application?

Should I resubmit proof of funds?

How do I do that?

2. In my work reference document, I didn't add pay stubs but the letter is solid and has details about pay, responsibilities, signed by my supervisor on letterhead with all dates.

Do I need to add pay stubs and submit document again?

Please help

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi,
I just realized that in my bank letter bank hasn't written date of opening account
It has all the other details, like statement average balance and that this money is free from any debt.

How do I do that?

2. In my work reference document, I didn't add pay stubs but the letter is solid and has details about pay, responsibilities, signed by my supervisor on letterhead with all dates.

Please help
"date of opening account" is not required.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi,

How do I do that?

Please help
"date of opening account" is not required.
Sorry brother, I thought it is mandatory! IRCC emphasized the requirements with "Must", isn't it correct?

Proof of funds

Purpose
To confirm whether the applicant meets the low-income cut-off (LICO), assessed by the amount of money they hold compared to the number of people in their family

Document requirements
  • The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
    • o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
  • Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hi,

How do I do that?

Please help
Opening date is required, see below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

You can show your salary bank transfers and use your last 6 months bank statements, that should do.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Sorry brother, I thought it is mandatory! IRCC emphasized the requirements with "Must", isn't it correct?

Proof of funds

Purpose
To confirm whether the applicant meets the low-income cut-off (LICO), assessed by the amount of money they hold compared to the number of people in their family

Document requirements
  • The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
    • o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
  • Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
Well, I got PR without this date in my POF document. So, I was sharing my experience.

Reactions: ishq74

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Well, I got PR without this date in my POF document. So, I was sharing my experience.
Yeah I thought same as well, it should not be a big issue as the letter already confirms the SIX months average balance. Regarding @Kt_med second question, Documented payment is a plus to any application but not mandatory. IRCC also instructs to all that, include pay stubs if available. Sometimes applicants are asked to submit extra documents regarding proof of experience such as pay stubs, salary bank statements etc. So my opinion is, if you have pay stubs available and submit them then it will only do good to your application. Submit them via CSE web platform.