+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds - Lebanon

Ykh

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Hello, I have received my ITA recently and got my proof of funds from the bank showing my transaction history since the start of 2019 along with the minimum required amount for Express Entry immigration. However, the situation in Lebanon is complicated, there is a capital control applied by the banks, meaning I cannot withdraw the whole amount at once. In fact, I am only allowed to withdraw a few hundred dollars each month. I was advised by the bank management to start withdrawing money (to save it) if I am preparing to leave, even if it's after a while but I am afraid that even if I provided the proof of funds, they may double-check and find that I do not have the required because it was withdrawn and less than the minimum amount.

Should I start withdrawing my money? Do they double-check the proof of funds? Did anyone from Lebanon face the same issue?

Thank you.

Tanglechuu

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
There is at least one other user here applying from Lebanon. Here's one of his posts. He has a few threads so you can see if he's found out anything useful for you. Good luck! It seems like a very stressful situation.

MarcHokayem

Apr 23, 2020
Hello I am applying gor Immigration. I have all the papers ready and i need only to apply and wait for their reply but I do have a question. As you know there is a problem with the banks and lbp exhchange rate. When the problem started to occur I took all my money out of the bank so I can still have access to them so when the time Is right I can use them. So today I do not have the money on the bank. What should I do? Is there something someone can advise me on what step should I take. Because the only fear I have before sending my application for review is the proof of funds once they ask me for proof?!?!

maou556

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Same here, what im planning to do is that when i get ITA (next FSW draw most probably, i have a very high score) to deposit in LBP in the bank (my account is not zeroed down) and send the account statemend with a letter of explanation explaining the situation.

EDIT: Deposit in LBP cause i wouldn't trust the fresh accounts, and cause as far as Canada is concerned, 1USD = 1500 LBP

MarcHokayem

Apr 23, 2020
Same here, what im planning to do is that when i get ITA (next FSW draw most probably, i have a very high score) to deposit in LBP in the bank (my account is not zeroed down) and send the account statemend with a letter of explanation explaining the situation.
eza baddkon we can open up a Telegram group to discuss our best options..

EDIT: Deposit in LBP cause i wouldn't trust the fresh accounts, and cause as far as Canada is concerned, 1USD = 1500 LBP
Yes why not... i dnt mind

linlin

Jul 15, 2020
Hi everyone, also from Lebanon and got my partner just got the ITA. He has some money in the bank (in USD can't be withdrawn) and the rest is cash.
Has anyone been able to give in the proof of funds to Canada and has it been accepted, considering that we can't really use it abroad?
Does anyone have any idea how to prove that we have the needed amount in cash?

Jenniferch

Jul 22, 2020
Hi everyone, also from Lebanon and got my partner just got the ITA. He has some money in the bank (in USD can't be withdrawn) and the rest is cash.
Has anyone been able to give in the proof of funds to Canada and has it been accepted, considering that we can't really use it abroad?
Does anyone have any idea how to prove that we have the needed amount in cash?
Hi did u get any replies regarding ur issue?? Im facing the same problem

TN89

May 7, 2020
I have similar issue. I’m from Libya, we can’t withdraw money from the bank or use it due to current crisis. However, I provided the IRCC with my bank statement which has the required amount and it was accepted it. I hope this help and wish you all the best

Reactions: linlin

linlin

Jul 15, 2020
I have similar issue. I’m from Libya, we can’t withdraw money from the bank or use it due to current crisis. However, I provided the IRCC with my bank statement which has the required amount and it was accepted it. I hope this help and wish you all the best
Thank you, sad to hear we are going through similar problems in our countries. Hope the best for you.

linlin

Jul 15, 2020
Hello, are you from Lebanon? Most applicants from Lebanon have the needed amount in the bank in a mix of LL and US dollars and it is being accepted as long as the total meets the minimum requirements. So far the exchange rate is still 1,515 = 1$ so that is how it is being calculated at IRCC. But you should probably plan for taking enough money in cash with you to Canada in the future, because I am not sure the situation will get better with the banks. Most applicants from Lebanon are saving their dollars in cash and replacing the missing parts in Lebanese Lira at their bank for now - there is no way to prove you have the needed amount in cash.

Jenniferch

Jul 22, 2020
Hello, are you from Lebanon? Most applicants from Lebanon have the needed amount in the bank in a mix of LL and US dollars and it is being accepted as long as the total meets the minimum requirements. So far the exchange rate is still 1,515 = 1$ so that is how it is being calculated at IRCC. But you should probably plan for taking enough money in cash with you to Canada in the future, because I am not sure the situation will get better with the banks. Most applicants from Lebanon are saving their dollars in cash and replacing the missing parts in Lebanese Lira at their bank for now - there is no way to prove you have the needed amount in cash.
Hey yes im from Lebanon but i withdrew all usd cash from the bank when the crisis started.. i still have a small amount which is not enough for the IRCC. I guess the best solution is to put the rest in LL gradually before my ITA comes so that they accept it and not all at the same time!!!
Anyway thanks a lot for ur help...

maou556

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Hey yes im from Lebanon but i withdrew all usd cash from the bank when the crisis started.. i still have a small amount which is not enough for the IRCC. I guess the best solution is to put the rest in LL gradually before my ITA comes so that they accept it and not all at the same time!!!
Anyway thanks a lot for ur help...
Hi Jen,

consider a gift deed (google it, very simple, also a lot about it on this forum)

you notarize it at a 'ketib aadel' and it could solve your issue

lazaress

Sep 4, 2020
Hi guys,

I recently got my ITA and I am doubting my POF. I have all my savings in cash since my country ( Lebanon ) is in a financial crisis. In May I opened a saving bank account where I gave my cash to my father and he send me money to my new account. My question is when I submit my application the account will only be active for 5 months and a half with one big amount transferred 5 and a half month ago, should I only give them the bank letter with a 6 months statement and be fine or should I do something else?

Please give me your advice and thank you!!