+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds - Landing to activate PR

abz1109

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Hello,

I plan to land in Toronto in March and i was just wondering, do i need to show the immigration officer at the border my bank details and do i have to have a certain amount in my bank before i get let into Canada and have my PR confirmed?

I can't see anything about an exact figure i should have in my bank, just worrying incase i won't have enough!

Thanks!

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
Hello,

I plan to land in Toronto in March and i was just wondering, do i need to show the immigration officer at the border my bank details and do i have to have a certain amount in my bank before i get let into Canada and have my PR confirmed?

I can't see anything about an exact figure i should have in my bank, just worrying incase i won't have enough!

Thanks!
I also worried about this much and carried a wad of cash with me. But Nothing about money was asked at the airport. Many of my friends had the same experience (In spite of what they say in this form). So do not worry about landing POF much.

Reactions: ginagine0218

iPunjabi

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
London, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2018
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
I also worried about this much and carried a wad of cash with me. But Nothing about money was asked at the airport. Many of my friends had the same experience (In spite of what they say in this form). So do not worry about landing POF much.
Agreed

All the proof of funds verification was over while your application processing was going on. During the time of landing you just need to carry the required funds. If you have it in your bank you can always wire transfer to local canadian bank (after you open an account there).

abz1109

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
When i applied i was CEC inland but moved to my home country so i am now CEC outland therefore didn't have to show proof of funds when applying as CEC applicants dont have to, i don't know if this will still be the case as to when i enter Canada or if i will need to have $12,300 in my account? Panicking incase i dont have $12,300 by the time my medical expires, i have until March to enter Canada.

Hoping someone who has been in this situation can help!

Niha23

Nov 27, 2017
When i applied i was CEC inland but moved to my home country so i am now CEC outland therefore didn't have to show proof of funds when applying as CEC applicants dont have to, i don't know if this will still be the case as to when i enter Canada or if i will need to have $12,300 in my account? Panicking incase i dont have $12,300 by the time my medical expires, i have until March to enter Canada.

Hoping someone who has been in this situation can help!
Hi i am in a similar position, i had to leave canada before i got my ITA as my work permit expired but my the place where i used to work kept my job for 5months after i left canada, during which time i applied for my permanent residency application. Now i do not have that job offer. so do i need to show proof of funds as well?? Did u do your landing already?