+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds. Just the one showing the CIC minimum, or all accounts??

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hey this is great stuff!

After the ITA I already transferred the money over, So I cannot just transfer back, will put it in a Savings account here and get the bank statement.

By the way detailed monthly e-Statement are enough right? No need for the letter?

All the best
Ok, the final decision is yours. Do what you feel is easiest for you.

The letter is compulsory. Bank statements are only required if some information is missing or the bank refuses to give you the letter.
If you get e-statements go into the branch and get them stamped.

Regards

Reactions: brunolord

brunolord

Dec 7, 2017
Ok, the final decision is yours. Do what you feel is easiest for you.

The letter is compulsory. Bank statements are only required if some information is missing or the bank refuses to give you the letter.
If you get e-statements go into the branch and get them stamped.

Regards
I know, you are right, I wish I could, but being here makes it difficult to deal with the bank over there...

I went to BMO today, my bank here, they agreed to make the letter in the exact same format required by CIC. However, for the 6 months history, I will have to rely on e-statements from Brazil.

Bottom line, I have the letter, it wont show the average required, only that I have enough money here now, but I will provide e-statements, not stamped, from abroad...

Given this scenario, would you not do it until you got a letter from my bank in Brazil?

You are being really helpful my friend, its good to have someone to bounce this doubts at

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
I know, you are right, I wish I could, but being here makes it difficult to deal with the bank over there...

I went to BMO today, my bank here, they agreed to make the letter in the exact same format required by CIC. However, for the 6 months history, I will have to rely on e-statements from Brazil.

Bottom line, I have the letter, it wont show the average required, only that I have enough money here now, but I will provide e-statements, not stamped, from abroad...

Given this scenario, would you not do it until you got a letter from my bank in Brazil?

You are being really helpful my friend, its good to have someone to bounce this doubts at
mmmm, interesting situation.

I would transfer the money from my Brazilian to my Canadian account to lock the value. Then show the letter from the Canadian bank + the Brazilian online statement. I would then give a brief explanation in my LOE.

I'm sure this will work out just fine.

regards

Reactions: brunolord

mpgSL

Jul 27, 2019
I doubt they care about student loans. Especially since your UK student loan repayments are income contingent. If by student loan you meant a huge overdraft or a career development loan you took out for a postgrad course, that will show up on your letter anyway.

They only ask to see details of debt for your bank accounts to make sure you haven't taken out an $11000 loan for a month to fake having settlement funds. Just send the letter from your bank showing that you have accounts that are in credit and that the total funds available are more than your settlement requirement. The bank will put any loans or overdraft on the letter.
I just got rejected due to insufficient funds. I had shown sufficient liquid funds in my bank account, but my student loan debt counted against me. Please refer the following thread for more details. I would appreciate your thoughts: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rejected-due-to-student-loan.645362/#post-8048546

mpgSL

Jul 27, 2019

JaaKaaa

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Hello,
I have recently received AoR and I submitted only one account with my savings and no transactions. I don't know why I forgot to upload file from my acc used for daily transactions, but I did. Main issue I have is with payment - I paid bills with credit card on my name. Will this create any trouble?

I have no debts and other accounts (2 in the same bank) have total balance less than 500 CAD currently, and no mention of any kind of payment towards loans. Should I contact them through CSE form, or leave it like this?