+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds Joint Bank account

AJ2186

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently added my name to my partner's bank account and it is now a joint account. I am planning to apply to express entry in February, 2018 (so it can complete 6 months - requirement for express entry). Will CIC accept the joint bank account (both our names shown).

Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I recently added my name to my partner's bank account and it is now a joint account. I am planning to apply to express entry in February, 2018 (so it can complete 6 months - requirement for express entry). Will CIC accept the joint bank account (both our names shown).

Thanks.
Joint account is acceptable as long as the dependent is accompanying.

AJ2186

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
United Kingdom
One more thing. Our bank told us that if we print the last 6 months statements, it will show only my partner name and not both of our names. My name will only be shown after the date the account became a joint account (when my name was added). Can I still upload on express entry profile the last 6 months bank statement (name of partner only) and I attach with it a letter from the bank that claims it is now officially a joint account (my name and her name) ?

Van89

Sep 22, 2017
I have a similar query. I and my wife created a new joint account where I am the primary applicant and she is the secondary. It is a fresh account and unfortunately, we do not have 6 months statements. What should I do in this case? Please guide.

AJ2186

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
United Kingdom
I have a similar query. I and my wife created a new joint account where I am the primary applicant and she is the secondary. It is a fresh account and unfortunately, we do not have 6 months statements. What should I do in this case? Please guide.
Hi. I am still waiting for my 6 months to pass so I can use it as one of my supporting documents. My strategy now (forget what I said above) is to apply for express entry in December 2017. Even if I am still waiting for 6 months to pass, don't forget that CIC might send you an ITA within 4 to 5 months.

For example, lets say you got an ITA (within 6 months for example), you will have 90 days (3 months) to upload all your supporting documents. So that would be a total of 9 months (which means it passes the 6 months time). In other words, count your expectation time for CIC to send you an ITA (depends on your CSR points ofcourse) + time to upload your supporting documents.

Please note that this is a strategy according to my personal case.

aralizadegan

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Not acceptable.
Is there any way that I can use a money that has been in his account for myself. He is willing to do anything (even change account to my name). It is just that I am concerned about the 6 month. If I change account name to mine, would account history delete?

Abikoottiyani

Aug 9, 2017
India
Category........
AOR Received.
14-July-2017
Med's Done....
29-July-2017
Passport Req..
6-November-2017
VISA ISSUED...
2-December-2017
Is there any way that I can use a money that has been in his account for myself. He is willing to do anything (even change account to my name). It is just that I am concerned about the 6 month. If I change account name to mine, would account history delete?
What you can do is transfer the money in your dad's account to your account and create a gift deed. Many people have done the same. However it totally depends on the Visa Office in that case.

Adebukky

Jan 20, 2019
Im planning to start the express entry pool. I just decided to open a joint account in me and my spouse name, to start a saving monthly after deducting our expenses from our personal accounts. Also all sale of assets proceeds would go direct into the account along the line.

My question is will the joint account only be acceptable ? so far we have sufficient fund for our family of five, and we can also proof the entry of funds.
We are not planning to include our peronal account.

MWKimirrie

Feb 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
Im planning to start the express entry pool. I just decided to open a joint account in me and my spouse name, to start a saving monthly after deducting our expenses from our personal accounts. Also all sale of assets proceeds would go direct into the account along the line.

My question is will the joint account only be acceptable ? so far we have sufficient fund for our family of five, and we can also proof the entry of funds.
We are not planning to include our peronal account.
Hey did you get a response on this