+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds : Joint Acct

vincent.forums

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
I am planning to get married in November' 17 and get a joint account with my wife. i will be the PA.

I know that i can show my Joint account statement, question is do i need to also provide my bank account statement for the past 6 mths and hers as well for past 6 mths? or is the joint account statement sufficient.

Note: Joint account statement may not be even 6mths old by the time i get PR.

Scorpman21

May 12, 2017
I know that i can show my Joint account statement, question is do i need to also provide my bank account statement for the past 6 mths and hers as well for past 6 mths? or is the joint account statement sufficient. Note: Joint account statement may not be even 6mths old by the time i get PR.
It is better to attach the previous account statements along with a simple LOE, explaining the source of funds.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
I am planning to get married in November' 17 and get a joint account with my wife. i will be the PA.

I know that i can show my Joint account statement, question is do i need to also provide my bank account statement for the past 6 mths and hers as well for past 6 mths? or is the joint account statement sufficient.

Note: Joint account statement may not be even 6mths old by the time i get PR.
In your case, bank letter for the joint acount obviously wont have have average balance for past 6 months. Nor would it show the source of your funds. So I would also suggest statements from you and spouse accounts just to be safe.
Good luck