+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds issue

simarpreet71

Jan 13, 2019

I have a question regarding POF. I am currently in Canada. I have got ITA under skilled worker category. I am getting $13500 as gift from my mother. The account from which the money is transferred has my mother as the main account holder and my father as joint holder( Either or Survivor). Now the issue is, i am not sure about the gift deed.1. Should I get the gift deed and affidavit just from my mother 2. or a single gift deed from both my mother and father together 3. or two separate gift deeds and affidavits from my mother and father. Please guide me . Thank you in advance

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018

I have a question regarding POF. I am currently in Canada. I have got ITA under skilled worker category. I am getting $13500 as gift from my mother. The account from which the money is transferred has my mother as the main account holder and my father as joint holder( Either or Survivor). Now the issue is, i am not sure about the gift deed.1. Should I get the gift deed and affidavit just from my mother 2. or a single gift deed from both my mother and father together 3. or two separate gift deeds and affidavits from my mother and father. Please guide me . Thank you in advance
Single gift deed from both your mother and father together as this is a joint account.

On the other hand if you are in Canada and working (Canadian work experience), in that case PoF is not required. Not sure if you are under that category
“Note that you do not need proof of funds if you are currently:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

simarpreet71

Jan 13, 2019
Single gift deed from both your mother and father together as this is a joint account.

On the other hand if you are in Canada and working (Canadian work experience), in that case PoF is not required. Not sure if you are under that category
“Note that you do not need proof of funds if you are currently:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html
Thank you for your reply. I am working under NOC C in Canada. I am applying on the basis of my Indian experience that is why i need POF. I am so much confused because i am getting different answers. One of the member give the valuable response that only one gift deed is required from my mother. So please guide me what should i do?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thank you for your reply. I am working under NOC C in Canada. I am applying on the basis of my Indian experience that is why i need POF. I am so much confused because i am getting different answers. One of the member give the valuable response that only one gift deed is required from my mother. So please guide me what should i do?
As you mentioned that your mother’s bank account is joint with your father, hence I suggested you to get the gift deed signed by both of your parents to be on the safe side