Mar 29, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 9, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Interview........
Mar 8, 2010
Passport Req..
April 12, 2010 (sent on May 1, received by CHC May 4, 2010)
VISA ISSUED...
May 11, 2010 (returned to me on May 19, 2010)
Hi everyone!

I just had my medical last March 13,2010 and sent it last March 18, 2010. My RPRF also was sent last March 27, 2010. I am just waiting for our medicals to be cleared and then for the passport request.. Is CHC going to ask for the bank statements for the proof of funds within this times prior to asking for the passport to be sent?

Please advice... thanks a lot!

Nari

Aug 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 June 2009
Doc's Request.
01 Sept 2009
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2009
Med's Request
03 March 2010
Med's Done....
31 March 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01 June, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
16 June, 2010
LANDED..........
10 October, 2010
Hi,
One of my friends (who is going to Canada by FSW), told that they will ask money and then passport, and you can send the proof of funds with passports, I am not sure, but she told like this. I will try to know more.
Hope it will help a little.

Nari

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cheot09 said:
Hi everyone!

I just had my medical last March 13,2010 and sent it last March 18, 2010. My RPRF also was sent last March 27, 2010. I am just waiting for our medicals to be cleared and then for the passport request.. Is CHC going to ask for the bank statements for the proof of funds within this times prior to asking for the passport to be sent?

Hi

they may or they may not.it's purely their choice. but chances are very rare.

cheot09

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
uae
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
nil
AOR Received.
nil
File Transfer...
Mar 29, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 9, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Interview........
Mar 8, 2010
Passport Req..
April 12, 2010 (sent on May 1, received by CHC May 4, 2010)
VISA ISSUED...
May 11, 2010 (returned to me on May 19, 2010)
thank you nari and sanjeevindia for ur reply .... 8)

Oh!CANADA

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Dec 2008
AOR Received.
Feb 2007
IELTS Request
Apr 2009
Med's Request
March 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec. 31, 2010
cheot09 said:
Hi everyone!

Hi cheot,

I noticed in you timeline that you got your PPR only 1 month after your medical... I just want to ask you if cic still asked for your updated POF? Because in my case, cic is requiring me to submit an updated POF because according to them, value of property can not be included.

Thanks & regards :)

Oh!CANADA

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, its weird that they wrote that.. i emailed them and they replied that property valuation can be presented as POF. what i am going to do is to get a printout of their email and attach it with my property valuation certificate.. that way they wont be able to reject the file on this ground and what ever money i show in my bank A/C they will have to accept it as additonal funds.

Gogy

Feb 8, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application received by CIO: 21st-April-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR - 21st-July-2010
haral said:
Hi, its weird that they wrote that.. i emailed them and they replied that property valuation can be presented as POF. what i am going to do is to get a printout of their email and attach it with my property valuation certificate.. that way they wont be able to reject the file on this ground and what ever money i show in my bank A/C they will have to accept it as additonal funds.
Would it be possible for you to POST the response you received from CHC London. I am an applicant from Pakistan and also wrote to CHC London on the same. Please find below the response I got from them.

Thank you for your enquiry.

In support of your application, you should provide proof of unencumbered and readily transferable funds in a convertible
currency that is available to you for settlement in Canada (for you and your family members):
• current bank certification letter; or
• evidence of savings balance; or
• fixed or time deposit statements.

Before approving an application, the immigration officer must be satisfied that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your family when you first arrive in Canada. The Government of Canada does not provide financial support to new skilled worker immigrants.

When first arriving in Canada as a permanent resident you will also need to show immigration officials at the port of entry that you have sufficient transferable funds for your settlement in Canada.

You can show bank statements or saving statements or value of your property after the repayment of your mortgage.
If you have been offered a job or if you are going to work in Canada on a temporary work permit you may present proof of your salary.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (LIB)

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cheot09 said:
Hi everyone!

It just depends on CHC. Some people get request for POF again before PPR request and some do not.

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Gogy, i got the same response. the red highlighted line is what i am talking about. How did you interpreted it? if you have property clear of any liabilities on it than as per this email you can show it as POF and explain that you will sell this once case is decided in your favour...

Gogy said:
Would it be possible for you to POST the response you received from CHC London. I am an applicant from Pakistan and also wrote to CHC London on the same. Please find below the response I got from them.

Thank you for your enquiry.

In support of your application, you should provide proof of unencumbered and readily transferable funds in a convertible
currency that is available to you for settlement in Canada (for you and your family members):
• current bank certification letter; or
• evidence of savings balance; or
• fixed or time deposit statements.

Before approving an application, the immigration officer must be satisfied that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your family when you first arrive in Canada. The Government of Canada does not provide financial support to new skilled worker immigrants.

When first arriving in Canada as a permanent resident you will also need to show immigration officials at the port of entry that you have sufficient transferable funds for your settlement in Canada.

You can show bank statements or saving statements or value of your property after the repayment of your mortgage.
If you have been offered a job or if you are going to work in Canada on a temporary work permit you may present proof of your salary.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (LIB)

Gogy

Feb 8, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application received by CIO: 21st-April-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR - 21st-July-2010
haral said:
Hi Gogy, i got the same response. the red highlighted line is what i am talking about. How did you interpreted it? if you have property clear of any liabilities on it than as per this email you can show it as POF and explain that you will sell this once case is decided in your favour...
Dear Haral,

Please find below the mail I sent to CHC London. Hope this further help you in how to interpret there response.

Regards,

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a citizen of Pakistan and also living in Pakistan. I have applied for Canadian Immigration and have got my Initial approval from CIC Canada. I have been advised by the CIC to submit the complete application with all the supporting documents to the Canadian High Commission in London.

My query is about the “Proof of Settlement Funds” requirement.
As per the Instructions guide (IMM EG7000) for Federal Skilled Worker Class on Page 31 it states…

10 Funds
Indicate the amount (in Canadian dollars) of unencumbered, transferable and available funds that you have. This amount can include the value of any property that you own, but should not include jewellery, cars or other personal assets.

In reference to the above statement I will be submitting my property evaluation certificate from a licensed evaluator as an evidence of my Proof of Settlement Funds. I plan to sell my property before landing in Canada and will use the equity to establish myself.

Kindly confirm if the property evaluation as “Proof of settlement funds” satisfies the Canadian High Commission London requirements?

Thanks,

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes. i had sent a similar kind of an email and got the same reply you got. guess thats their standard format. what i am going to do is to attach their email`s printout with the property valuation certificate. that way they wont be able to object since they themselves are saying its alright to send property valuation doc as POF.... i will advice you to do the same as well.

Gogy said:
Dear Haral,

Please find below the mail I sent to CHC London. Hope this further help you in how to interpret there response.

Regards,

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a citizen of Pakistan and also living in Pakistan. I have applied for Canadian Immigration and have got my Initial approval from CIC Canada. I have been advised by the CIC to submit the complete application with all the supporting documents to the Canadian High Commission in London.

My query is about the “Proof of Settlement Funds” requirement.
As per the Instructions guide (IMM EG7000) for Federal Skilled Worker Class on Page 31 it states...

10 Funds
Indicate the amount (in Canadian dollars) of unencumbered, transferable and available funds that you have. This amount can include the value of any property that you own, but should not include jewellery, cars or other personal assets.

In reference to the above statement I will be submitting my property evaluation certificate from a licensed evaluator as an evidence of my Proof of Settlement Funds. I plan to sell my property before landing in Canada and will use the equity to establish myself.

Kindly confirm if the property evaluation as “Proof of settlement funds” satisfies the Canadian High Commission London requirements?

Thanks,

Kay2

Sep 10, 2010
Hello guys. Can any of you please update how did it go? Were your property valuations accepted?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I wonder if the MAGIC WORDS that Gogy used were his intention to SELL the property BEFORE LANDING so those funds would then become unencumbered, transferable funds for his use?