+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of funds - influx of funds

elvin_91

Nov 23, 2017
Azerbaijan
Dear readers

I have a bank account which has 10 000 USD that I hold since March 2017. And last month i put additional 2000 USD into my account. Does CIC consider this amount as a suspicious quantity?

P.S. - I will probably get my proof of funds next month and complete post ITA application.

I believe it should not be problematic as it is not relatively very big amount (regarding 6 month average).

Your responses are valuable.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are different opinions in this forum as to what constitutes a lump sum amount that must be accounted for. There is simply no set amount to tell you whether you should or you shouldn't provide an explanation. I wouldn't take any chances but if you believe it is not problematic then proceed.

Reactions: elvin_91

harrys147

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Dear readers

I have a bank account which has 10 000 USD that I hold since March 2017. And last month i put additional 2000 USD into my account. Does CIC consider this amount as a suspicious quantity?

P.S. - I will probably get my proof of funds next month and complete post ITA application.

I believe it should not be problematic as it is not relatively very big amount (regarding 6 month average).

Your responses are valuable.
explain in LoE. whether it is from your/ your spouse's account or from your personal savings. if you got them from your parents or family you have to make an affidavit. whatever the case is just explain. thank you

Reactions: elvin_91

elvin_91

Nov 23, 2017
Azerbaijan
explain in LoE. whether it is from your/ your spouse's account or from your personal savings. if you got them from your parents or family you have to make an affidavit. whatever the case is just explain. thank you
harrys147,
Thank u for reply,

These (2000 USD) are my personal savings summed up from past months' salaries and deposited to my already existing fixed account. So I will go for the LOE and explain what was the source of money.