+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds: how to show spouse's fixed deposits

montylee

Star Member
May 7, 2013
NOC Code......
My spouse is part of the application. More than half of the required funds are in my account. Rest are in Fixed deposits on my spouse's name. What is the process of showing this as POF? As per my understanding, i can show the FD statements directly and include a letter from my spouse that i can use the funds. Is that correct? Can anybody share format of such a letter? It doesn't need to be notarised or anything right?

Also, can PF money be used as POF? If yes, then i won't even need to show spouse's FDs.

Sadly the CIC POF page is not much descriptive about the different options.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
montylee said:
My spouse is part of the application. More than half of the required funds are in my account. Rest are in Fixed deposits on my spouse's name. What is the process of showing this as POF? As per my understanding, i can show the FD statements directly and include a letter from my spouse that i can use the funds. Is that correct? Can anybody share format of such a letter? It doesn't need to be notarised or anything right?

Also, can PF money be used as POF? If yes, then i won't even need to show spouse's FDs.

Simple letter from your spouse will do. It can be on plain paper - no need of notarization. There is no template - as long as the statement is clear that your spouse is allowing you full access to those funds for settlement and that she will be accompanying you is enough. Regarding PF, I read on one of the threads that it is allowed but I am not sure. Please check or others can chime in. You can show both perhaps and also include copies of your PF passbook.

Reactions: Miracle2018

ronamaria15

Jul 9, 2017
Hi please help me with my question.

For the purpose of proof of funds for EE fsw, we are showing half of the funds on my husband's name( PA) and remaining half as an FD on my name. The FD is around a year old now.

Should I submit the SOURCE of this money in the FD as well??

It was given to me by my mother with the money she got on retirement. She passed away last year. In that case what proof should I show for the source of money in FD?

Please help

ronamaria15

Jul 9, 2017
Hi please help me with my question.

For the purpose of proof of funds for EE fsw, we are showing half of the funds on my husband's name( PA) and remaining half as an FD on my name. The FD is around a year old now.

Should I submit the SOURCE of this money in the FD as well??

It was given to me by my mother with the money she got on retirement. She passed away last year. In that case what proof should I show for the source of money in FD?

Please help
Please note that I'm an accompanying spouse for this case.

pk46

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017

Hello MOntylee,

I hope your application process is all sorted. Did you show your spouse FD as PoF?

Can you please help me with how can I show my spouse's Fixed deposit as proof of fund?

montylee

Star Member
May 7, 2013
NOC Code......
Well, i managed to have all funds in my account so didn't really use my spouse's funds.

Reactions: pk46