+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds - HDFC account

Jancy

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Hello,

I have an NRE and NRO account with HDFC. How do I get a financial status statement from HDFC?

Do I just use the bank statements that I can electronically download from netbanking?

I tried calling their customer service to no avail. Appreciate any info on this.!

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
you cant use only the bank statement. you need a letter in the CiC format. visit the branch. tell them you need an account confirmation letter. they will type one on the letter head , signed and stamped. make sure you check that they include all details that CiC wants - basically - your name and address, account opening date, account balance.

next take printout of 6 months of bank statements with you. ask the bank officials to sign and stamp it. Could take a couple hours depending on the official or they will simply ask you to come back at a later hour. hope this helps.

Reactions: SMani

Jancy

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Thanks for the prompt response guys.! I missed to mention I am in the US now; did anyone have any luck obtaining such letter from HDFC, while being in the US?

sree84

Sep 26, 2017
Ohio
Category........
FSW
Thanks for the prompt response guys.! I missed to mention I am in the US now; did anyone have any luck obtaining such letter from HDFC, while being in the US?
If you can cover the amount with the money in US bank account (of you/spouse) itself, I will say no need to go through the hassle of getting this from HDFC in India. Declare the accounts/loans in the US and you should be good.

If you still need to get this from India, like others said, get in touch with the manager of your branch. If they are not ready to give a letter, somebody needs to go there and show the statement for last six months and get a seal/sign from them. You can use the scanned copy of that letter.

Jancy

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
If you can cover the amount with the money in US bank account (of you/spouse) itself, I will say no need to go through the hassle of getting this from HDFC in India. Declare the accounts/loans in the US and you should be good.

If you still need to get this from India, like others said, get in touch with the manager of your branch. If they are not ready to give a letter, somebody needs to go there and show the statement for last six months and get a seal/sign from them. You can use the scanned copy of that letter.
Thanks Sree84.! I will have to manage with my US accounts, since getting it from HDFC seems like such a hassle

Jancy

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
I just found out, I get an email statement from HDFC every month showing the status of all my accounts with them. I am going to add it as a supporting document along with letters for my US Bank. I hope that should be sufficient, since I am disclosing all my accounts.

prabhat112

Oct 9, 2018
I just found out, I get an email statement from HDFC every month showing the status of all my accounts with them. I am going to add it as a supporting document along with letters for my US Bank. I hope that should be sufficient, since I am disclosing all my accounts.
Its been a long time, but wanted to check if the monthly email statement from HDFC was sufficient for them to accept it. Or did you get any additional documents from HDFC ( I too am in US and unable to walk into a hdfc branch )

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Not from HDFC bank scenario, but I just submitted last 6 months bank statement (with highlighting salary DD), not sure if this considered sufficient (this was done by consultant)

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
Access your net banking and shoot an email to the principal nodal officer. The email id must be in the portal. Sending an email to the nodal with your grievance, you will get your problem solved in less than 24hrs as their TAT is 24hrs.

Hope it works for you.

proudfrog

Oct 6, 2020
you cant use only the bank statement. you need a letter in the CiC format. visit the branch. tell them you need an account confirmation letter. they will type one on the letter head , signed and stamped. make sure you check that they include all details that CiC wants - basically - your name and address, account opening date, account balance.

next take printout of 6 months of bank statements with you. ask the bank officials to sign and stamp it. Could take a couple hours depending on the official or they will simply ask you to come back at a later hour. hope this helps.
Thanks for your response. Was this application approved by IRCC? I think they might be missing something such as Loans.