+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds : Gold jewelry

nitishmn

Nov 2, 2017
Hi all, I am planning to apply for Canadian PR via Express Entry. I will be accompanied by my spouse as well. I had a few doubts before I go ahead and start the process. Kindly let me know the details / clarifications regarding these points :

1. For proof of Funds, I am saving up money in my Savings account to show the minimum required balance. Suppose I need to show a minimum of 15000 CAD ( for a family of 2 ), does the 15000 CAD need to be consistently present in my account for a span of 6 months before applying for PR or can I keep accumulating over the next few months as I go on saving so that finally while applying there is 15000 CAD in my account.

2. I possess gold ornaments which I plan to liquidate to show as proof of funds. My concern is:
Can I take a loan against the gold which is in my possession, transfer the money to my savings account or FD and use it as my proof of funds?
If the above situation is not allowed then can I sell the gold in my possession and use the money for my Proof of funds? Kindly let me know the documents I would need to submit in either of the cases related to the gold.

3. Can I show my Provident Fund as Proof of Funds, and if so what documents do I need to submit? Will the online generated PF statement be sufficient or do I need to get the attested copy from the PF office?

4. Can I use the Provident Fund of my spouse as Proof of Funds?

Feb 17, 2018
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Hi Nitish,
3. If your PF is managed by your company trust, then you will have to contact your employer.

IF not, then you will have to create login using UAN (check your payslip) and download your passbook After that visit EPFO office and get a statement from them. They will have templates for immigration purposes.

Hope this helps!
Please throw some light on loan against gold as POF.
Thanks