+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds - Gift

Maddy321

Nov 26, 2018
Hi,

Need a favour urgently. I have received the ITA.

My brother lives in the US can he send me a demand draft in my name? Will a demand draft in Canadian dollars be considered as fund? Is it necessary to encash the draft in my account?

What should be the content of deed letter?

Many thanks in advance. Will be highly obliged for quick response.

monica25

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Hi,

Need a favour urgently. I have received the ITA.

My brother lives in the US can he send me a demand draft in my name? Will a demand draft in Canadian dollars be considered as fund? Is it necessary to encash the draft in my account?

What should be the content of deed letter?

Many thanks in advance. Will be highly obliged for quick response.
A demand draft will not be enough. You need to have all funds in your account.

Reactions: sam3218

Maddy321

Nov 26, 2018
Thanks for the reply. But isn’t a demand draft in my name is my money? The bank will give my account number on the demand draft with my name.

Maddy321

Nov 26, 2018
A demand draft will not be enough. You need to have all funds in your account.
Thanks for the reply. But isn’t demand draft, with my name and my account number and bank details mentioned on it, my money? The demand draft would me in Canadian dollars.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thanks for the reply. But isn’t demand draft, with my name and my account number and bank details mentioned on it, my money? The demand draft would me in Canadian dollars.
It is not. The money should be in your bank account and you should have full access.

If you are getting money from brother, you will need a gift deed as well to prove that you will not have to return this money to your brother.

dukkibanna

Nov 15, 2018
Hi Experts..... Can Someone please advice me regarding the POF
I got my ITA..and have gathered all the required docs except the Proof of Funds and targeting to 15th dec…

I have a joint account with my Wife in which I had deposited 8 lakh (received from someone owed me) just 15 days before I received the ITA before that it was just 10K in account
I was planning to show my and my wife’s salary account as the rest of the POF (remaining 5 lakh).
In joint account I don’t have the balance maintained for 6 month… So my questions is which of the below option I should opt:

a) Transfer the joint account money to my fathers account and get it in my salary account as gift deed and not show the joint account…. or..
b) Give the statement of the joint account as it will be 2 month old the day I submit the my application

the Problem with the first approved is that the gift deed will be approx 70 of Total POF....

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi Experts..... Can Someone please advice me regarding the POF
I got my ITA..and have gathered all the required docs except the Proof of Funds and targeting to 15th dec…

I have a joint account with my Wife in which I had deposited 8 lakh (received from someone owed me) just 15 days before I received the ITA before that it was just 10K in account
I was planning to show my and my wife’s salary account as the rest of the POF (remaining 5 lakh).
In joint account I don’t have the balance maintained for 6 month… So my questions is which of the below option I should opt:

a) Transfer the joint account money to my fathers account and get it in my salary account as gift deed and not show the joint account…. or..
b) Give the statement of the joint account as it will be 2 month old the day I submit the my application

the Problem with the first approved is that the gift deed will be approx 70 of Total POF....
Follow "a", it will more ensuring to the visa officer. Regarding "%" of the gift, I have shown 100% of the pof as a gift from my mother for two of us, my application got approved without any problem.

Reactions: dukkibanna

dukkibanna

Nov 15, 2018
Follow "a", it will more ensuring to the visa officer. Regarding "%" of the gift, I have shown 100% of the pof as a gift from my mother for two of us, my application got approved without any problem.
Thank you so much..Will submit the application ASAP.

Ranbir_Dhillon

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
It is not. The money should be in your bank account and you should have full access.

If you are getting money from brother, you will need a gift deed as well to prove that you will not have to return this money to your brother.

Hello.

I am taking money from my mother to meet POF requirements as per Immigration policies, my consultant said there is no need to show from which source the money came from even if it was a large amount. I'm little worried.. What should I do ?

Yaadi_787

Dec 17, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-08-18
AOR Received.
11-12-2018
Hello.

I am taking money from my mother to meet POF requirements as per Immigration policies, my consultant said there is no need to show from which source the money came from even if it was a large amount. I'm little worried.. What should I do ?
If you are planning to have the money from your mother then show that money as a gift deed. I think what the consultant is actually trying to say is that if its a gift deed then CIC may not scrutinize the source of the money for gift deed from your mother (which is the most likely case indeed). If the consultant is asking you to transfer the money to your account and then show it as PoF, then that is not a good advice.

Disclaimer: Above mentioned comments/remarks is/are purely a personal opinion and unfortunately if there is any adverse impact as a result of that, then I should not be held responsible. I am not a certified immigration expert and I am stating the above remarks in positive spirit of knowledge sharing to best of my abilities only. Professional/legal opinion should be utilized if required to. Thanks.

Otiendee

Aug 21, 2019
w
Hello.

Hello,
were you successful?