+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof Of Funds - Gift deed Query

amunny

May 7, 2021
I do not have sufficient funds which can roll out for 6month average balance. Can i avail 100% amount as Gift deed or will it cause any red flag. Do immigration verify source of funds for the donor of gift deed ? Also can i take this gift deed post receiving ITA?

Reactions: Emjay36

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
I do not have sufficient funds which can roll out for 6month average balance. Can i avail 100% amount as Gift deed or will it cause any red flag. Do immigration verify source of funds for the donor of gift deed ? Also can i take this gift deed post receiving ITA?
Yes, you can use 100% amount acquired as a gift.

Emjay36

Jun 8, 2021
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
IELTS Request
L 8.5 R8 S 7.5 W7.5
Yes, you can use 100% amount acquired as a gift.
Thanks for the response. I have been looking every for this answer. Just to be clear , at the time I'm submitting my application after ITA, my father can gift me 100% of the POF? Because my account balance for the past 6 months has been low .
Kindly reply

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Thanks for the response. I have been looking every for this answer. Just to be clear , at the time I'm submitting my application after ITA, my father can gift me 100% of the POF? Because my account balance for the past 6 months has been low .
Kindly reply
Yes, you are right. There is nothing in the law that states that you cannot use 100% POF in the form of a gift deed.