+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds - Gift 'deed' not possible

moonpie92

Dec 27, 2018
Hi all...

My father gifted me with a portion of the funds required for me to settle in Canada. I consulted a lawyer regarding a 'gift deed' (I'm in Sri Lanka) but they said they cannot issue such a thing but could produce a signed affidavit from my father making a declaration that such a transfer was made.

Would this be sufficient? Any other documents I should provide to help prove that such a gift was made in the absence of a typical 'gift deed'.

Thank you all in advance.

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
yes, declaration by father works fine on stamp paper..

Hiranya89

Jun 16, 2019
Hi all...

My father gifted me with a portion of the funds required for me to settle in Canada. I consulted a lawyer regarding a 'gift deed' (I'm in Sri Lanka) but they said they cannot issue such a thing but could produce a signed affidavit from my father making a declaration that such a transfer was made.

Would this be sufficient? Any other documents I should provide to help prove that such a gift was made in the absence of a typical 'gift deed'.

Thank you all in advance.
Hi.. Any one got answer for this? I am facing the same issue.

Hamsika

Mar 1, 2020
Has anyone from Sri Lanka shown in gift deed as Proof of Fund to settle in Canada?

Appreciate your clarification in this regard.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Whether you call it gift deed, declaration, affidavit or whatever else does not matter. It is basically a statement from the person that the money has been given to you freely for use in settling into Canada.

Hamsika

Mar 1, 2020
Thanks for your response. Is there any specific format available to make this declaration?
Is it a common thing in Sri Lanka for those who migrate to Canada?
Do we have to declare the Proof of fund transfer from the person transferring the fund to my account through their bank statement, etc?