+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds-Gift Deed from your friend

k20392

May 11, 2018
Hello!

I received my ITA a couple of weeks back, and I'm submitting my documents right now. The only document I am most concerned about is proof of funds.
My partner works in the US. We're in a relationship but don't fall under the spouse/common-law partner category right now(Are boyfriends/girlfriends common-law partners? :p ).
I have the required funds with me now in my account since a month, but I am confused what should my gift deed say?
Friend giving 6lakhs for no reason whatsoever is surely fishy.
And if I state it as a gift by my partner, it just seems like that might cause more problems since they might see my partner as a potential immigrant?
Anyone who has been through the same, or knows someone who has been through the same, please share your experience.

Thank you! :)

Elenyan

May 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-05-2018
AOR Received.
02-05-2018
Med's Done....
09-05-2018
Check this link out
Thank you for the video.
Just a remark - this video made me smile because the guy portrays such situation as unfortunate simply to lure people to use his services :) I don't think that agents will have any problem with the money that is given, especially by a close relative, if the Gift Deed and transaction record are provided. Personally, I don't believe that there are any complications to that.

Regarding k20392 question, I would recommend using a paid consultation with an immigration lawyer. Because as I read here http://prpilots.com/gift-deed-sample/ it is only about parents/siblings who can give the money..

Last edited:

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Hello!

I received my ITA a couple of weeks back, and I'm submitting my documents right now. The only document I am most concerned about is proof of funds.
My partner works in the US. We're in a relationship but don't fall under the spouse/common-law partner category right now(Are boyfriends/girlfriends common-law partners? :p ).
I have the required funds with me now in my account since a month, but I am confused what should my gift deed say?
And if I state it as a gift by my partner, it just seems like that might cause more problems since they might see my partner as a potential immigrant?
Anyone who has been through the same, or knows someone who has been through the same, please share your experience.

Gift deeds can't be from friends. It is not accepted.

BUGSIE91

Mar 18, 2018
Hello!

What did you end up doing? I'm curious to know as my cousins are willing to help me out and I need to know if that's acceptable.

enilad

Aug 31, 2018
Hello!

Please kindly share if you have been able to sort the proof of funds. Please how did you go about it.