+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds - Gift deed from parent

syed38101

Oct 19, 2018
Hello Everyone. I recently moved back to India and started my EE process. I created my Indian bank account after I got my ITA and now deciding to get a gift deed from father for the total amount that needs to be shown (for 3), approx. 19kCAD.

1. For gift deed, can the transfer from my father's account to my account be through online transfer, or does it have to be a check/cheque deposit?

2. Is it ok to get the entire amount of 19kCAD as gift deed, since I plan to keep the money for use when I move to Canada.

Thank you.

Grizz

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Hello Everyone. I recently moved back to India and started my EE process. I created my Indian bank account after I got my ITA and now deciding to get a gift deed from father for the total amount that needs to be shown (for 3), approx. 19kCAD.

1. For gift deed, can the transfer from my father's account to my account be through online transfer, or does it have to be a check/cheque deposit?

2. Is it ok to get the entire amount of 19kCAD as gift deed, since I plan to keep the money for use when I move to Canada.

Thank you.
1. Online transfer is fine.
2. Yes

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018

Thank you.
1. Either way is fine
2. Yes

india2canadasg

Jun 10, 2017
Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
21-08-2018
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Passport Req..
23-11-2018
Hi.

Both above replies are correct, only wanted to add that I did this myself (got the entire amount in gift deed transferred to me, by cheque, and after i received the ITA) and got the PPR.
However , my bank account was existing and not new.

Captmario

Nov 2, 2018
Hi.

Both above replies are correct, only wanted to add that I did this myself (got the entire amount in gift deed transferred to me, by cheque, and after i received the ITA) and got the PPR.
However , my bank account was existing and not new.
Its pretty confusing. Multiple people have stated that you need to have funds in your bank before ITA while others state that it is okay to receive funds after ITA (and before eAPR). Can someone really clarify if it is okay to receive funds after ITA is already received with possible references.

india2canadasg

Jun 10, 2017
Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
21-08-2018
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Passport Req..
23-11-2018
Its pretty confusing. Multiple people have stated that you need to have funds in your bank before ITA while others state that it is okay to receive funds after ITA (and before eAPR). Can someone really clarify if it is okay to receive funds after ITA is already received with possible references.
Apologies if iwasn't clear enough... I DID transfer money to my account AFTER receiving ITA. My balance before ITA was negligible (around 3k CAD).
And i received my PPR last week.

But having said that, while I hadn't applied and was searching for an answer to the same query, it was consistently said that, ideally, money should be in before.

I guess it depends on case to case, officer to officer.
Hope i helped

Captmario

Nov 2, 2018
Apologies if iwasn't clear enough... I DID transfer money to my account AFTER receiving ITA. My balance before ITA was negligible (around 3k CAD).
And i received my PPR last week.

But having said that, while I hadn't applied and was searching for an answer to the same query, it was consistently said that, ideally, money should be in before.

I guess it depends on case to case, officer to officer.
Hope i helped
Thank you for sharing your experience, Proof of funds page on CIC website does clearly state that you need to have those funds while you are applying and when they issue visa to the person. So it does sound like applying is referring to AOR because ITA is invitation to apply. I am going to go ahead and continue my application as i will be receiving gift post-ITA.