+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds / Gift Deed for FSW program and maintenance of account balance

ahmedali115

Oct 3, 2021
Hi All,
As per IRCC guidelines , The funds must be available both when you apply and when (if) we issue you a permanent resident visa.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

I am looking your response for below queries :

Required funds have to be maintained in the past six months before the application is lodged ?
OR
Funds have to be maintained in the past six months once an ITA is issued ?

Shall the average balance needs to be maintained at least for 6 months before the application lodgment date (Time of Express Entry profile creation) or before the selection of application from pool (ITA Stage) ?

Can Gift deed from my mother and brother be accepted by IRCC ? Please note that both have funds from legitimate sources and will be able to verify /provide their money trails (if asked)?

In my particular scenario, I may have the required funds in my personal account (in home country- opened 6+ years ago) and the joint account (in home country , opened 2+ years ago ) of myself & my spouse?

So, the overall amount in all of the above 2 accounts can be shown as the sum of total required funds ( as advised by IRCC )?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
- funds have to be maintained in the 6 months before the application is lodged (putting your name in the pool is a profile not your application. Your application is when you get your ITA and submit) So if you get an ITA tomorrow and submit in a month (November), it is from June you need to show a balance above POF.
- you can use a gift deed for proof of funds.
- you can use joint accounts for you and your spouse