+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds: Format of Gift Deed, Affidavit and LOE

TAZ-24

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Better to get as gift deed and make FD. FD is the best way to show POF. You need account statement of less than a week. Maybe you can put 75% of money in a FD, show 6 month statement of accounts. In addition get gift deed of 25% from family members and put in same FD. 100% show as FD.
Thanks. Will get the funds gifted :)

sukantam

Mar 3, 2022
Hi,
I have a query regarding Proof of Funds.

Anyone in this group who provided 100% amount as gift from Dad. Is it working with IRCC.

Thanks

hiteshgrover

May 14, 2018
Hi,

I am getting some money from my father who is in India and I am in Canada.
The problem is that since I am in Canada i cannot sign the Notarised Gift Deed. Is it going to be a problem?

TIA

vis.sneha

Sep 17, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2020
Hi,

The problem is that since I am in Canada i cannot sign the Notarised Gift Deed. Is it going to be a problem?

TIA

I was in different city in India when my dad signed it. He signed the gift deed and sent to me via courier. I signed it once I got it.

hiteshgrover

May 14, 2018
I was in different city in India when my dad signed it. He signed the gift deed and sent to me via courier. I signed it once I got it.
thanks,

So at least regarding Indian Notary there will be no problem. I can courier it to Canada
But i am thinking about the ircc visa officer that he sees how it was signed when i was Canada later.

vis.sneha

Sep 17, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2020
thanks,

So at least regarding Indian Notary there will be no problem. I can courier it to Canada
But i am thinking about the ircc visa officer that he sees how it was signed when i was Canada later.

Yes I agree.. I do not know about it. Maybe you can ask the person who is making it. He may have been in similar situation before.

Reactions: hiteshgrover

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi,

TIA
A signature is not a mandatory requirement. The requirement is that the person who is the beneficiary of the gift has to accept it, which can be done de factor (in fact by receiving the funds, ie. gift) or de jure (in law by signing).

If your gift deed is drafted for you to sign it, you can sign it anywhere in the globe as long as the gift deed meets the requirements of the country where the gift was made.

see https://bit.ly/3mXUXBc

divv

Jan 12, 2020
Hi All, my wife is the primary applicant. I am transferring x amount from my father and y amount from my mother's account and some savings in her account all put together becomes the proof of fund.

Questions.

1. The money transfers were done using multiple transaction. Is that fine?
2. Do i need two separate gift deed from my mother and father. Or one should be good?
Hi guys ,
I’m going through the same problem as many ppl have here. I’m going to apply for oinp , I don’t have enough funds in my account and also three months before i took a bank statement using my frnds money around 10k for US visa and send them back nxt day . But i do have permanent job offer and my T4 for 2017 is $45k . Should i need the affidavit or how to get the affidavit from friends. So confused.
How did u proceeed with this ? I’m in the same situation.

vis.sneha

Sep 17, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2020
How did u proceeed with this ? I’m in the same situation.
The money should be in FD for few days Or savings account for more than 6 months in primary applicant's account for Canada PR. Primary applicant can get gift deed from relatives and show it in statement.

Reactions: divv

divv

Jan 12, 2020
The money should be in FD for few days Or savings account for more than 6 months in primary applicant's account for Canada PR. Primary applicant can get gift deed from relatives and show it in statement.
So multiple gift deeds shouldn’t be a problem ? I’m planning on converting this to an Fd and providing statements for my savings and FD

vis.sneha

Sep 17, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2020
So multiple gift deeds shouldn’t be a problem ? I’m planning on converting this to an Fd and providing statements for my savings and FD
Multiple gift deeds shouldn't be a problem as gift deeds are allowed. When taking FD statement, also take statement of bank account which shows deposit of gift deeds. Within a week of receiving gift deeds, you can convert it into FD. Savings should have atleast 6 months of required money. If it is not possible, try to convert everything into FD. If you liquidate mutual funds, better not to show that in statement. In that case, send it to family after liquidation and ask them to send it back as gift deed.

Reactions: divv

divv

Jan 12, 2020
Multiple gift deeds shouldn't be a problem as gift deeds are allowed. When taking FD statement, also take statement of bank account which shows deposit of gift deeds. Within a week of receiving gift deeds, you can convert it into FD. Savings should have atleast 6 months of required money. If it is not possible, try to convert everything into FD. If you liquidate mutual funds, better not to show that in statement. In that case, send it to family after liquidation and ask them to send it back as gift deed.
Do you recommend FD than that amount being in my savings account?

vis.sneha

Sep 17, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2020
Do you recommend FD than that amount being in my savings account?
How long has the amount been in ur savings account?? If it's there for 6 months, you can take 6 months savings account statement. Otherwise FD.

divv

Jan 12, 2020
How long has the amount been in ur savings account?? If it's there for 6 months, you can take 6 months savings account statement. Otherwise FD.
It was only transferred today, I’ll be preparing a gift deed for it. I’m going to submit my application this week. I was wondering if transferring this amount to an fd? Would u recommend that ? Or should I just let it sit in my savings account now. What would you recommend i do ? Fd I’ll be creating a new account and transferring the funds there.

vis.sneha

Sep 17, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2020
It was only transferred today, I’ll be preparing a gift deed for it. I’m going to submit my application this week. I was wondering if transferring this amount to an fd? Would u recommend that ? Or should I just let it sit in my savings account now. What would you recommend i do ? Fd I’ll be creating a new account and transferring the funds there.
It should be in your savings for atleast 6 months before submitting statement to IRCC. If you can't have 6 months statement of that amount, then u need FD. FD of 1 year should be good. Within a week of creating FD you can submit to IRCC. FD statement and bank statement showing gift deed and FD in it would be good.