N/A
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
ALREADY IN CANADA
Hi Seniors/Experienced Members

I am in Canada and I am working with an IT company under NOC-A. I have been nominated by Ontario PNP. Currently I am on Work permit and I got married in December 2011. I want to bring my husband to Canada on Open Work Permit for spouse but I am not sure about the funds he has to show under his name. I can show around CAD $12K to support him when he is here but there is not much he can show there. He is a Government Employee in India. Can anyone please suggest me how do I proceed?

Had anyone had this problem or anyone got approval or rejection. Please share your thoughts and experience. Will be helpful for others like me to be on the safer side.

Thanks
Jass

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jass_virgoan said:
Hi Seniors/Experienced Members

I am in Canada and I am working with an IT company under NOC-A. I have been nominated by Ontario PNP. Currently I am on Work permit and I got married in December 2011. I want to bring my husband to Canada on Open Work Permit for spouse but I am not sure about the funds he has to show under his name. I can show around CAD $12K to support him when he is here but there is not much he can show there. He is a Government Employee in India. Can anyone please suggest me how do I proceed?

Had anyone had this problem or anyone got approval or rejection. Please share your thoughts and experience. Will be helpful for others like me to be on the safer side.

Thanks
Jass
Funds should not be an issue as you are employed and the intention is for PR because of the PNP. $12K is more than enough.

hil555

Feb 19, 2018
hello- may I ask this, if I apply for express entry (and my spouse and toddler are dependants) and my spouse has an open work permit already, do we need proof of funds for three (19,000 CAD) or would it be enough to provide POF for two?
Also how long after making the application do we have to provide the POF amount as required?

thank you!

( I'm asking this as the website says

Note that you do not need proof of funds if you are currently:
-authorized to work in Canada..)