+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds for 'soft landing'

patnikrishna

Feb 17, 2015
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I'm planning to do the 'soft landing' ( have to use this word for some context ) in June and return back in 2 weeks.

Should I carry the declared POF of around 13K in a Forex Card / Travllers Cheques etc.
OR
Should I carry say 3-4K (for expenses) and just the Indian Bank statements of the past 1 year since I'm anyway returning in 2 weeks.

nims38

Apr 3, 2017
Hi,

Did you get any information on this? I am in the same situation and travelling on 2nd week of July.

loveabhic

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Montréal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2017
Hi All,

I'm planning to do the 'soft landing' ( have to use this word for some context ) in June and return back in 2 weeks.

Should I carry the declared POF of around 13K in a Forex Card / Travllers Cheques etc.
OR
Should I carry say 3-4K (for expenses) and just the Indian Bank statements of the past 1 year since I'm anyway returning in 2 weeks.
For CIC, there is no difference between Soft landing and permanent landing. For them its same.

Further, CIC never mentioned that POF in your Indian bank account will suffice as POF at the port of entry. However, there have been cases in the past where people carrying 3-4K (for expenses) and just the Indian Bank statements of the past 1 year have worked. They may not even ask you to show your POF. Totally depends on your luck.

If you dont want to carry full amount and only carry 3-4K (for expenses) and just the Indian Bank statements of the past 1 year, I would suggest you to keep internet access to your account handy so that if needed you can show the funds to the officer then and there if need be. Rest all depends on the officer.

Good luck.

harish7818

Jan 20, 2016
For CIC, there is no difference between Soft landing and permanent landing. For them its same.

Further, CIC never mentioned that POF in your Indian bank account will suffice as POF at the port of entry. However, there have been cases in the past where people carrying 3-4K (for expenses) and just the Indian Bank statements of the past 1 year have worked. They may not even ask you to show your POF. Totally depends on your luck.

If you dont want to carry full amount and only carry 3-4K (for expenses) and just the Indian Bank statements of the past 1 year, I would suggest you to keep internet access to your account handy so that if needed you can show the funds to the officer then and there if need be. Rest all depends on the officer.

Good luck.
What if I am not lucky enough and the officer still asks the POF?
I want to know if I can carry the traveler's cheque and bring it back to my home country after soft landing? Anyone done that?