+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds for single applicant in a "family"

Jawline

Feb 3, 2019
Hello everyone,,
Greetings:

Thank you very much for your helpful responses so far.

At the time I was applying for my PR as a single applicant (daughter and her mum will not be joining me in Canada but they I submitted their medicals and police reports), I was asked “will your family be accompanying you” and I responded with a “NO”. At the point of submission, I had to increase the proof of funds to cover a family of three even though I had given these responses. I then successfully submitted my application.

Although I included evidence of POF for just me since I am a single applicant, I explained in a letter that I had to increase the funds since I was unable to submit but emphasised again that they will not be accompanying me and I am applying alone.

I called the IRCC and was told that my application was ineligible though I could hear from them in a few months (I had ordered GCMS notes due in weeks). The agent was not able to tell me specifics other than that.

Has this ever happened to anyone?

If indeed it is inadequate funds/Proof of funds, should I have included funds for three even though I am applying alone? I assumed my letter explaining was clear enough but could this have been missed? Would the GCMS notes possibly state that I should have done this so I can rectify (I would not want to show increased POF on the basis of an assumption).

Thank you very much for your help so far.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone,,
Greetings:

At the time I was applying for my PR as a single applicant (daughter and her mum will not be joining me in Canada but they I submitted their medicals and police reports), I was asked “will your family be accompanying you” and I responded with a “NO”. At the point of submission, I had to increase the proof of funds to cover a family of three even though I had given these responses. I then successfully submitted my application.

Although I included evidence of POF for just me since I am a single applicant, I explained in a letter that I had to increase the funds since I was unable to submit but emphasised again that they will not be accompanying me and I am applying alone.

I called the IRCC and was told that my application was ineligible though I could hear from them in a few months (I had ordered GCMS notes due in weeks). The agent was not able to tell me specifics other than that.

If indeed it is inadequate funds/Proof of funds, should I have included funds for three even though I am applying alone? I assumed my letter explaining was clear enough but could this have been missed? Would the GCMS notes possibly state that I should have done this so I can rectify (I would not want to show increased POF on the basis of an assumption).

You were required to include proof of funds for ALL family members even if non-accompanying. You were properly refused.

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Even if they are not going, they have to make sure you have funds to provide for them while you are abroad.

Jawline

Feb 3, 2019
Hello everyone,,
Greetings:

openweb.vip/whatsapp-web/ https://19216801.onl/

Thank you my issue has been solved,...