+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds for Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities

aish89

Jun 3, 2015
Hi all,

I am going to apply for OINP under human capital stream. To show proof of funds I have 3 options as per application guide which are as below

Bank account in Canada :
If you have a personal bank account in Canada, provide copies of bank statements for the six months prior to the submission of the application to OINP.

Bank account outside of Canada :
If you do not have a personal bank account in Canada, you must provide six months of original up-to-date bank statements from a recognized financial institution.

Income in Ontario :
If you demonstrate ongoing employment income to satisfy the settlement funds requirement, submit supporting documents as evidence of ongoing employment in Ontario or a valid job offer in Ontario (note that you must be able to legally work in Ontario). See Section 3.1 for required documents.

Since I don't have enough money in my bank account so I m going to prove settlement funds through my income in Ontario. But in the document checklist in the application there are only following options to tick
1> Current bank certification letter; or
2> Evidence of savings balance; or
3> Fixed or time deposit statements.

So which option should I choose?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Note: You do not have to show you have these funds if you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Ontario and you are currently working or authorized to work in Ontario.

Source:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_APPLY.html#display

aish89

Jun 3, 2015
thnx for the reply. I know that I don't have to show settlement funds but what option should I tick in the application form. You can only know what I am asking if you have already filled that form

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Haven't filled the form myself but rajkamalmohanram, rajanvnv, heeru_maan, rafzy can correct me here. Choose 'current bank certification letter' and explain separately about your intention to use your ongoing job as primary evidence towards settlement funds. Remember though that under EE, a 'valid job offer' always implies an LMIA supported job offer.

aish89

Jun 3, 2015
thnx for the response but i think we need LMIA only to get 600 points otherwise it is not necessary because in OINP guide there is no mentioning of LMIA.

r1ley

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
aish89 said:
thnx for the response but i think we need LMIA only to get 600 points otherwise it is not necessary because in OINP guide there is no mentioning of LMIA.
I think OINP's definition of valid job offer is one that doesn't require LMIA.

Why would Ontario require you to have LMIA based job? If you have one, there would be no need to apply to OINP as you would already have 600 points.

I belive ongoing employment income or a genuine offer of employment in ontario (non lmia) would satisfy ontario's pof requirements.

You would how ever still need to provide 6 months bank statement to Ontario. The amount in the bank does not need to meed the LICO requirements.

aish89

Jun 3, 2015
thnx you say that i have to submit 6 months bank statement but what if i m new to canada and my bank account is only 4 months long.

r1ley

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Yeah, that's understandable. Just ask you bank for a letter stating how long your account has been open, include a letter of explanation to OINP stating that you are unable to provide your 6 months statement because you have been in Canada for less than 6 months.

You can also include statements for your bank account overseas.

In general, for someone that has a job in Ontario, OINP would like to see your bank statement to verify that your income is being deposited into your account on a monthly basis and that you have sufficient money in your account on a monthly basis to take care of living expenses.

aish89

Jun 3, 2015
thanks for quick responses. I have one more question.

in application form there is a section

6. Education History (Principal Applicant Only) *
List all post-secondary education and/or apprenticeships and attach supporting documentation (certified true copies of degrees and/or diplomas, transcripts, letters of reference, etc.).

so do i have to mention only my canadian degree here or my foreign degree aswell. right now i have only mentioned my canadian degree here and in EE profile aswell but not my foreign degree because for foreign degree i will have to submit ECA which i don't have. what do you suggest do i have to enter my foreign degree as well?

Mechanical Engg

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 15,2017
Nomination.....
Dec 16,2016
AOR Received.
Mar 15,2017
I am sending documents to OINP in next couple of days from India. I am showing $18650 & this all funds I am showing in the form of FD(Fixed Deposit) & PF(Provident Fund).
So my question is this that if I am showing funds in the form of PF & FD, then still I have to submit bank of statement??? Is it a mandatory requirement to show bank statement bcz I am not showing any funds in bank???